for fragging begginners:how to superglue VIDEO

reefkprz

well every one asks how to super glue so here is how, in living color. god I sound like a redneck... oh I am a redneck never mind.

reefkprz

OH I must say this fragging video was brought to you by the contributions of many members of SWF.com who pitched in and bought me this camera because my old camera was garbage, but I was using it anyways, on those videos you could barely tell what I was doing. Now with my new camera you can actually see whats happening
thanks again guys and gals.

fishwish

I just fragged the zoos that were sucked up in my powerhead. Your video gave me the confidence to do it.

donald

Your cat looks less than enthused
Does it help to have metal playing while you frag, just wondering if the frags do better with metal
Seriously, thanks for taking the time, AGAIN to show us how to do things right.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by fishwish
I just fragged the zoos that were sucked up in my powerhead. Your video gave me the confidence to do it.

I'm glad I could help.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by donald
Your cat looks less than enthused
Does it help to have metal playing while you frag, just wondering if the frags do better with metal
Seriously, thanks for taking the time, AGAIN to show us how to do things right.

Of course the right music is important to the health of frags. they HATE country music. causes stress and death in almost all corals.

on a more serious note, your welcome.
I love doing this stuff, I love helping out and I LOVE FRAGGING!
once I get my reefshop going in another year or two I am planning on giving classes on how to propagate so people can get hands on expirience if they arent sure they want to try it solo.

donald

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
Of course the right music is important to the health of frags. they HATE country music. causes stress and death in almost all corals.

on a more serious note, your welcome.
I love doing this stuff, I love helping out and I LOVE FRAGGING!
once I get my reefshop going in another year or two I am planning on giving classes on how to propagate so people can get hands on expirience if they arent sure they want to try it solo.

I'll attend the class but you have to open a shop in TEXAS, I think I could find you an employee, HINT HINT

D

dshin1

could you show us how to frag a soft coral? example a colt or a finger. and thanks for the vid.

zanclus

Originally Posted by Fish Crazy
how long could the coral stay out of water???
Hours. but dont worry corals on the reef are exposed to the air for hours at times.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Fish Crazy
how long could the coral stay out of water???
totally depends on the coral. xenia, zoanthids and most LPS can tolerate about 20minutes without unduly stressing the coral. some gorgonians mere seconds is enough to kill. one trick to extend working time is to wet a piece of paper towel with tank water and drape it over the coral to keep it moist. most gorgonians are best fragged underwater like a sponge.

reefchick15

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
totally depends on the coral. xenia, zoanthids and most LPS can tolerate about 20minutes without unduly stressing the coral. some gorgonians mere seconds is enough to kill. one trick to extend working time is to wet a piece of paper towel with tank water and drape it over the coral to keep it moist. most gorgonians are best fragged underwater like a sponge.

how exactly do you frag a gorgonian though, i just bought one and the first day it was in my tank the majority of the flesh melted off of it. There are only a few tiny pieces of branch left with living flesh on it, and i was wondering if i should frag them off or if it is too late entirely for the coral.
please help!

keri

Great video, used it today with a toadstool needing a base and a zoo I wanted elsewhere, thanks!