For Lionfish...Sally Lightfoot?

heithingi

Hi Lionfish,
I know this is off topic, but what you had said previously about the sally lightfoot worries us. We already rescued all of our red legged hermits, they are now in the 45, the ones that are left, anyway. However, will a sally lightfoot hunt fish? We have a tiny little six line wrasse in the same tank as the sally...should we move him out, too?
Thanks,
Lynda

grouperhead

Im not lionfish, but some sallys will go fish hunting. i have seen some climb on top of rocks and then jump off to grab a fish. some on the other hand are calm and mellow with fish.i would move him just to be safe though, esp. if you see him following a fish, or looking suspicious, or snooping around :) later, bo

heithingi

Bo,
Thanks. I am SERIOUSLY beginning to REALLY dislike inverts. They are a pain in the...well, fill in the blank. <g> The sally has already been munching on other crabs, so I suppose I will have to move the six line wrasse. Oh joy. I was just hoping that the sallys did not hunt fish. There has simply got to be a good book or two out there that are devoted to inverts.
Lynda

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Sorry it took so long to post but I was in a meeting for most of the day. Anyways, I would move the Sally because they do enjoy a fish every once in a while. And a small 6-line would be easy food. YAWN.... I'm tired and going to bed.

heithingi

Hi Lionfish, Whitetailed Trigger,
We moved the sally to the aggressive tank Friday. Our original plan was to move the six line wrasse to the 45 gallon, but we think we would be pushing the fish load. The sally is doing fine in there so far, but there is a ton of rock for him to hide in, plus the fish are too big for him to eat! Anyway, he is about the size of a silver dollar, I would say. He may not make it, but we just cannot have anymore fish eating inverts.
Thanks for all the help!
Lynda