For Nickoz

oceanjumper

The background I bought for my FW tank three yrs ago. It is just some type of plastic paper with slate. It looks nice though (I think at least).

nickoz

Thanks OceanJumper.
I will post pics of my tank in the next few weeks or so. I am fighting a cyano outbreak since I switched from CC to DSB. I enjoy my tank. Ive got about 70lb LR, 5in DSB (southdown) RedSea Protein Skimmer Classic, 2x175MH, 2x40NO, (I will be switching to 2x400MH in about a month) Ive got someone who is going to build me a wood canopy for my MH, I should have that middle of Dec.
The LFS near my has a 72 that is really nice, here is a picture of their tank, the picture is about a year old, it looks 10x better now than it does in the picture.
http://www.inlandreef.com/display_livestock.html
-nick

dindi

Well..it looks great, what do you have real in your tank? How are your fish/inverts doing?

oceanjumper

Well, the rest is real... All the rock are LR, except for the two big pieces in the centrum of the tank (one piece laying flat, one standing up. The pieces provide lots of caves. The fish are loving it.
The fish do great, as do the polyps and mushrooms. My Xenia is still not pulsing. I don't know what's wrong with it. I have it now for 3 weeks so I guess it should be acclimated.
Looking forward to your pictures, Nickoz. Is always nice to see the same tank in a completely different setup

shrade

Nickoz,
This is my 72 gallon. I just recently add the 20L under the tank for a qt. My plan is to use this until I get my ich problem staightened out. Then I will buy a 10 gallon for a qt and turn this 20L into the Refugium. Mine is not much to look at, but hopefully with some help from this site (not to mention the wallet) I will have a nice reef system set-up.
BTW,
If anyone has turned a 20L into a refugium I sure would appreciate a little advice.
Thanks and enjoy:)