For those who can't spell

maxalmon

I broke my neck 2 years ago in a serious motocycle accident, longterm neuro problems are short term memory, math and spelling, I get really frustrated at having to spell words and hate having to jump over to webster all the time.
I just discovered that if you have the litttle google search toolbar on your Internet Explorer page you can just type in a few letters of the word your trying to spell and it has a popup that is much like a dictionary, just don't hit the "go" button and then backspace to remove it. As long as you can guess the first 2-4 letters, the correct spelling will popup along with several other words that may be relevant..Jim

renogaw

this is so not what i was expecting to read.
its good to know about the tool bar though!

Firefox also has a built in spell checker in their new version. If you left click where you are typing there is a "spell check this field" option....

maxalmon

Originally Posted by renogaw
this is so not what i was expecting to read.
its good to know about the tool bar though!

trippkid

I use a spell checker in IE toolbar sometimes. I too, have had my share of bike wrecks, street and dirt, not too banged up these days though. That would be frustrating to me also.

Matt

earlybird

Ha I've been using that tool for a long time.
I'd like to say for the record, a lot is two words not one (alot is wrong). My biggest spelling peeve.

maxalmon

Did you know that "downtown" wasn't a legal word, or rather wasn't listed in the dictonary until a few years ago.

arod268

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
I kan speel jusfine without the help of som dum cumputr hepin me.thanc u.

M

mr.peanut

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
I kan speel jusfine without the help of som dum cumputr hepin me.thanc u.

sign guy

Originally Posted by earlybird
Ha I've been using that tool for a long time.
I'd like to say for the record, a lot is two words not one (alot is wrong). My biggest spelling peeve.
hade know i dea

sign guy

to be honest when I saw the title of this thread I got scared thinking this was an intervention for me