Found, but I'm only a little happy!

geridoc

We added a seagrass wrasse two months ago, and about 2-3 weeks ago it failed to emerge from the sand, so we assumed it was decaying somewhere under the substrate. Two days ago we added a yellowfin flasher wrasse (we love wrasses), and it disappeared quickly, and hasn't been seen since. I was just feeding the tank and heard splashing from behind one of the overflow weirs, so I climbed over the chiller and the table that holds the algae scrubber and lo-and-behold, there's the seagreen wrasse staring at me. Great news. I put some food in the overflow and before he could eat it, the yellowfin emerged from behind a pipe and grabbed the food. So, I'm relieved that I have found both wrasse, but the tank is a 220 gallon system, so the overflow is very tall, and crowded with pipes, not to mention all of the equipment between me and the tank on that end, which makes netting these guys problematic. I'll probably just keep feeding them and hope that they jump back into the display. Just a little happy
, but frustrated by this hobby.

spongeycrab

We added a seagrass wrasse two months ago, and about 2-3 weeks ago it failed to emerge from the sand, so we assumed it was decaying somewhere under the substrate.  Two days ago we added a yellowfin flasher wrasse (we love wrasses), and it disappeared quickly, and hasn't been seen since.  I was just feeding the tank and heard splashing from behind one of the overflow weirs, so I climbed over the chiller and the table that holds the algae scrubber and lo-and-behold, there's the seagreen wrasse staring at me.  Great news.  I put some food in the overflow and before he could eat it, the yellowfin emerged from behind a pipe and grabbed the food.  So, I'm relieved that I have found both wrasse, but the tank is a 220 gallon system, so the overflow is very tall, and crowded with pipes, not to mention all of the equipment between me and the tank on that end, which makes netting these guys problematic.  I'll probably just keep feeding them and hope that they jump back into the display.  Just a little happy

, but frustrated by this hobby.
Lol funny, This might help you...
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-Cha0RrhPBQ[/VIDEO]

geridoc

Thanks. 40 years in the hobby, and I can still learn something new here! However, last night (before I saw the video) I armed myself with a small net taped to a long pole, a miner's headlamp and after lots of equipment disconnecting and moving, I made my move to capture the fish. It took about 5 minutes to get the seagrass wrasse, but I could not get the flasher. It figured out how to use the pipes to be sure I could not reach it, so after about 10 minutes of trying I gave up, put some food in the overflow for the fish, and reconnected the equipment and gave up for the night. This morning when I fed the tank who came out to see me in the main display? You guessed it - the flasher wrasse. He had jumped back into the display area all on his own. Still frustrated by this hobby, but happy at least.

mr. limpid

That is funny and upsetting all in one, glad they are all safe and sound back in DT. I had the male clown jump into my over flow threw a hole no bigger than him and since my over flow is inside my tank he could of gone out more so then in. He was a lucky fellow. Plus I have a sponge filter in there with floss there is a about 1" hole in case of a clog were he must of flopped around till fell through. Using 2 small nets and several tries caught him he was tired and the female gave him a slap and went to there nest and didn't move till dinner, he was only in there untill I got home from work.