Four T5 Bulb SET UP!!!

carlos413

I have a four bulb HO T5 set by Wavepoint. It’s got two sunwave super daylight 12000k and two super blue 460 actinic lamps my question is id like to get a slightly bluer light not overpowering “not to much blue”. I also like something that would promote coral growth. I got blues and green red corals that id like to make em pop. I have a mixed reef; I have SPS and LPS corals and anemone. If possible id like to see tank photo’s so I could see what light set ups look like. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

tank a holic

15k is slightly blue but more of a clean white than 12k and 20k is more blue but not what I would call overpowering

nikesb

2 ati blue, 1 aquascience 22000k, 1 ati aquablue special. close to a 20k look. not even that blue IMO

carlos413

Originally Posted by nikeSB
http:///forum/post/3285294

2 ati blue, 1 aquascience 22000k, 1 ati aquablue special. close to a 20k look. not even that blue IMO
The ATI blue is that 420 or 460 and witch one is more beneficial for corals? Also, if i went with one 22000k and one fiji purple how would that look?

nikesb

one 22000k and fiji purple would look like a disco fest. the ati blue+ is 460nm. corals use both 420 and 460nm so you'd have to choose between what you want. if you're not doing alot of SPS. then you can do 2 blue+, 1 true actinic, 1 aquascience 15000k IMO