FOWLR tanks

dacia

I really enjoy looking at all the reef tanks, but I would love to see pictures of FOWLR tanks. Please also let me know what kinds of things you have living in there too.

stacyt

My 240 FOWLR. I have porc puffer, lunare wrasse, huma trigger, blue throat trigger, foxface, fiji damsel, hippo tang, yellow tang, whitecheek tang, and snowflake eel.

dacia

I would love to have a tank that size...but I think I would have to take out a bed or the dining room table to fit it in my house. :D

stacyt

Here's my other 240. Still in the works. So far I have a Naso Tang, Flame Angel, Yellow Watchman Goby, and a Mandarin.

jumpfrog

stacyt; that's going to be awesom when done. I'm definitely doing a built in when I build my house in a couple of years. Keep good notes so you can help;)

stacyt

jumpfrog,
No problem with notes. I spent about 10 months planning, and building, this tank. I still have a little work to do, but I should be finished in the next couple of months.

stacyt

Thanks for the compliments. I'll post more pics when the tank is completed, and fully stocked.

stacyt

JerseySaltwater,
In my aggressive setup I lost count of the LR. I figure close to 350 lbs. I have a 55 gallon sump/refugium underneath the tank that I filled will all the smaller peices. I used about 200 lbs. of LS in the display, and about 100 lbs. in the fuge.
In my other 240 I used 160 lbs. of LS in the display, and the 55 gallon fuge will have about 200 lbs. of LS. I think I have about 200 lbs. or so of LR in the display. I'll probably add another 50 lbs. to the fuge.