FoxFace in a 55

nas19320

Will a FoxFace do well in a 55? I saw one today at the LFS that I was thinking of picking up. The only other tankmate at the moment is a bossy Tomato clown.

B

big911dog

from everything i've been reading up on, a 75 is about the small end. i dont have one tho. just studying up to see if it will go well in my tank.

nas19320

Thanks, I think NMReef had one in his 55. Hopefully he will post and tell me if it appeared to be cramped or not. I will be upgrading to a 90 gallon in the future but that may be way in the distant future so I want to be sure that it can live indefinetly in a 55, if not then I won't get it.

nm reef

The one I have is in my 100...but origionally it was in my 55 for about 15 months. It did fine....grew from maybe 3" to about 5" while in the 55 and is now about 6" ... I really don't think it'll grow a lot larger....most info I've seen suggests a 8" max size.As long as there is plaenty of algaes for it to graze on and the other tank mates don't cause problems I think one can do well in a 55 for an extended time. They may grow large enough to be a bit cramped but there will be plenty of time to establish a new system.:happyfish

gregm779

I also had one in my 55g for about 6 months, he's in my 125 now but I have seen some pretty big ones.

nas19320

Yeah I decided to pass on it for the time being, I just don't think it would work well and I think it would look somewhat out of place for my setup. Thanks.