foxface lo & tang compatable?

pluchinsky

my husband picked out a foxface lo to go in our new tank. i know foxfaces are usually ok with aggressive fish b/c of their venomous dorsal fins. then, i noticed that the foxface was grouped with the tangs on this site & since you shouldn't house tangs together, is it ok to house a foxface with a tang?

greatfullreefer

The foxface is a very sociable fish, you should be ok with the 125gallon. Do pay attention to the Yellow Tangs behavior to make sure it does not take the role of the playground bully.

fatpuffer

If the tang is yellow, he may beat up on the foxface since they both have the same color. Are they similar in size? You may need the fox face to be a little bigger than the tang.
I had a purple tang and he would always fight with my coral beauty, but eventually they stopped...after about 2-3 days.

scoobydoo

I just added a foxface to my 125 on Friday and I have a sailfin tang that bothered it for 2 days but now there okay. The sailfin is also a yellow color so maybe that's why.

pluchinsky

i'm, actually, not getting a yellow tang. i haven't made up my mind which tang to get for sure. if i go aggressive, i love the purple tang. if not, the blue tang's really pretty.

shels

I had a rabbit fish with a yellow eye tank for 2 years with no problems. They were the same size when I purchased them and then the rabbit face took off. She is big now, where the tang stayed small compared to her.