Foxface lo

scoobydoo

Mine was shy and timid for a few days. Still is pretty shy and hides when I first go up to the tank. it will change colors and blend into the LR. Give it a few days. Is it eating?

thesamm

i got a bi color fox face 3 weeks ago and he was very very very shy the first week and i barley saw him...but he ate right away and now (after 3 weeks) swims around and is just a tiny bit skiterish when i get up close

julius

yea he's eating he was swimming around last night with the lights off,but he wont come out in the day time.

fatpuffer

What other fish is in the tank with the foxface? My experience is certain fishes like triggers will pick on the foxface despite them having poisonous spines, thus causing them to hide a lot.

julius

Tomato Clown,Domino,Damsel,Convict Goby the Clown and the Damsel usually hang out 2gether but dont pay any attention to the Foxface

bergamer

my fox face after a month still is not totally yellow, only half yellow.
(his lower body)
his upper half is dark and is always dark
although he does not hide at all,
I think I am going to donate him!

fatpuffer

My tomatow clows will attack my foxface if he get's to close to their territory. My foxface is about 7-8 inches and the clowns are only 1-2 inches.

trigger78

Originally posted by fatpuffer
My tomatow clows will attack my foxface if he get's to close to their territory. My foxface is about 7-8 inches and the clowns are only 1-2 inches.

Poor guy!

wid

careful, i have two tank (46 and 72), my foxface was fine and out all the time when he was in the 46G tank. but after i move him to the 72G, he is hiding all the time, even now, after more than 6 months.
Wid

clown52

Sorry to be a little off topic but do any of you know the recomended tank size for a Golden Foxface? My LFS has one and I am thinking of getting him.
Thanks!
:happyfish

julius

I think he will be fine coming from a small cramped up tank at the LFS into a bigger tank he should be fine