Foxface reef safe?

maurice

I have one in one of my reefs and he has never bothered anything at all other than algae sheets.

thegrog

Originally Posted by DEA Bad Lt
The only problem I've had with him is with my tangs.
Please elaborate. I have a yellow tang and a kole tang in my 125 that I am thinking of adding the foxface to.
Thanks for all the feedback!

tru2037

Originally Posted by DEA Bad Lt
The only problem I've had with him is with my tangs.
I agree, but it dosent seem serious. Whenever I put culurpa in my tank, the tangs seem to get aggresive towards the fox face, but he has never hurt the tangs by his venom. An awsome fish to have though, I cought him sleeping straight up and at night his colors are like a zebra.

jayc

I think as long as you keep it well feed ity should be fine. I havent had any promblems with mine in my reef, which in cludes lots of inverts like stair fish, shrimp, crab, and snails. Mine has tons of personality. He follows me around the tank, and loves playing with my other fish especially my lawn. bleeny. He also LOVES he's algae sheets.
hth,
Jay

jlm

Mine jumped out the other day during a power out and scared me to death. I heard it so I went looking for it. When I found it I was so worried about it I just grabbed it and put it in but not before it stuck me good with it's dorsal fin. Boy did that hurt. My hand felt like it was on fire. I got the sweats, and my stomach turned. But it only lasted a few hours and I was fine. She made it just fine too. Which I am very glad about. She is one of my favorites