Foxface.......

tangirl

How big will a foxface get? I had read that these fish are somewhat peaceful, but over on the Agressive Forum I see others have them with lions and triggers.??..Is it because of their size? I would want to put him with a couple clowns, dwarf angel, 2 tangs and poss. a flame hawk? Any thoughts??
BTW I have heard others mention the "amazing personality" of a Flame Hawk. What do they mean, what's so intriguing about them?

car guy

a foxface will eventually get somewhat large(12+ inches) but it is a very peaceful, and people do put them with tiggers and lions because of their adult size, theses fish also have an amazing personality, i used to hand feed mine,
[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Car guy ]

grandriverdude

Just be wary of foxfaces, they can deliver a poisonous sting through a hollow spine.
All i know about flame angels is that they are BEAUTIFUL fish!

H

here fishy

The sting part is true. Top fins pack quite a punch. Hawkfish like to perch themselves on rock etc..and just wait to be fed. They are always ready to eat...Mine (Flame) follows me to and fro and will take out of my hand..
I guess it is an individual thing as far as what is amazing about them..Happy Holidays

ironreef

siganus vulpinus= without spot= 9.4in
Siganus unimaculatus=7.9" per Scott Michael.The are pretty mellow make sure whne you buy one it eats and picks. They are hardy but sometimes they don't adapt after shipping IME I guess thats like any other fish