Frag Tank Build

acrylic51

Need some help and suggestions for my frag tank build......Tank dimensions are 48"Lx12"Wx12"H.....There will be 3 tanks made, but trying to decide on where to place the overflow boxes on these tanks......
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

2quills

Im with Henry on this one Shawn. Keep it simple. Just plumb some bulkheads in there somewhere and let em drain.
My favorite place to shop down here does all their own or most of their own aquaculture. Their frag tanks are just really large tubs with simple stand pipes plumbed in for drainage. It's pretty simple and yet still works just fine. I mean they do sell some beautiful pieces.

acrylic51

Hate canisters and the cost of media I won't pay. This particular tank will be tied into the main system more or less as a grow out tank. Also consider the added expense of skimmer and pump.

acrylic51

Yep.....1 will be strictly for growing out what will go into my DT depending on size or if I'm setting it aside for frag swaps.....The other 2 will be separate systems 1 strictly for SPS and the other a mix QT basically......

phixer

Well, what design did you end up using? The last overflow I did was for a room divider tank where the overflows were on the sides. Probably not much help in your scenario.

acrylic51

Still haven't decided on an overflow for the frag tank......Need to make up my mind after I pick up more Weldon.......