Frag tank + more

viper_930

As promised here's a few new pics.
I spent several hours on saturday cleaning up the frag tank. The way I had it setup before with the egg crate an inch over the bottom collected a lot of detritus on the bottom. I siphoned out all of that and raised the egg crate up.

A few frags that I picked out from underneath the egg crate and floating around the tank while cleaning. Haven't had time to mount them yet.

I found this nice sized colony of blue cespitularia at a LFS for 25 bucks last weekend. They said it's xenia, which is right so I'm not complaining. :)

Red carpet and fire clown in the back

viper_930

And a few from the display tank...

This is my newest fungia that I actually got from the EIBI section here at swf.com. I think it's similar to the fungia pictured on the cover of Anthony Calfo's new coral propagation book.

kaingers

Viper the frag tank looks great. I really want to set one up when I relocate. How many gallons is it? I'm jelous of your red carpet anenome btw

t316

Very nice Viper. Have you got a fts of the dt? Got to see what the whole thing looks like.

viper_930

Thanks for the comments everyone.
kaingers, my frag tank is a custom made 20 gallon. I think the dimensions are about 45x13x10 or so.
T316, sorry I omitted the FTS of my display on purpose.
There's a few spots of hair algae and cyanobacteria I'm not too fond of. I actually like my frag tank more lol.

t316

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
http:///forum/post/2555330
Thanks for the comments everyone.
kaingers, my frag tank is a custom made 20 gallon. I think the dimensions are about 45x13x10 or so.
T316, sorry I omitted the FTS of my display on purpose.
There's a few spots of hair algae and cyanobacteria I'm not too fond of. I actually like my frag tank more lol.
Understood

I was just admiring those blue poylps, or zoos, and was trying to see how they fit into the big picture. Very nice and colorful though.

viper_930

Veni, yup that's my colony of ORA duncans. I got my frag in the summer of '06 and it's now gotta be over 50 polyps or so. I haven't counted in a while. I've fragged it many times, too.
T316, if I can get the display cleaned up good I'll post a fts.

rebelprettyboy

just got off work and seen the thread. Thanks for the pics! Frag tank look big for a 20 lol I guess cuz its ur stuff in there...
What bulbs are you using?
You dont sell any of your stuff right? Just trade? jw I wouldnt have money for it anyways

ameno

nice frag tank and frags

I'm setting up a 95 gal. frag tank and I plan to have the egg crate set up kinda like what you have, I was wondering, what do you do to keep some flow under the egg crate? do you keep PH's underneath for water movement?

viper_930

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2555507
What bulbs are you using?
You dont sell any of your stuff right? Just trade? jw I wouldnt have money for it anyways

On the frag tank I have 2x150W Phoenix bulbs and on my display I have a single 250W Phoenix bulb. I do both sell and trade.
ameno, I just have a maxijet 900 with a sure flow 1600 mod. It creates almost too much flow for the tank but at least it keeps the detritus off the bottom now.

quakstar

I found this nice sized colony of blue cespitularia at a LFS for 25 bucks last weekend. They said it's xenia, which is right so I'm not complaining. :)

got to love your lfs the only decent one around me has a guy that actually knows alittle so catching a steal like that is rare that had an identical piece to yours going for 95 in their store

quakstar

In the second picture right behind your clam there is a rainbow coral almost looks like a giant paly what is that? could i get a little closer shot please especially if it is a paly