frag tank ?

jerl77

what do you hold your frags in? the eggcrate i hold them in just collect to much stuff for me.anybody have a better idea with pics please post.thANKS

fishygurl

most people use egg crate, however somewhere in the fragging section i believe is someone that took a tube and cut it and then put these little tiles with their frags on them hanging from the tank.. however i would imagine anything you do it will get dirty without snails cleaning it or without you cleaning it

mr_x

it won't collect algae unless you are feeding heavily, or not keeping up with waterchanges...just like in your main tank. i have alot of lps in my frag/prop tank and feed them heavily, so i had a ton of algae all over the egg crate, but i've seen other people who target feed much less with perfectly clean(besides some coralline algae) egg crate. egg crate is going to act like any other surface.

jerl77

yes alot of algea i guess i will leave it alone for now mrx you have the same problem and you just leave it alone too?

mr_x

i left it alone for a long while. i didn't build my eggcrate shelves the way i wanted to in the first place, and they sat through the tank cycle(which is when the algae started), so i finally trashed the old shelving and built a brand new eggcrate shelf. algae issue solved.