fraggin corals

topfish2

I was wondering how to frag my soft corals. For example I hae a toadstool, a colt, and some mushrooms.How would be a good way to frag corals.

N

newreefers

next time you do a water change, keep some of the water in a deep bowl, do the fragging in this bowl of water, I use a brand new single edge razor blade, clean, cut through in one clean slice, try not to saw back and forth, superglue frag to rock or tuck into a hole in the rock. that is pretty much it. has worked for me on mushrooms, colt, and polyps.

michaeltx

most softies need a little extra help than superglue the have a tendency to slim alot if you try superglue and it doesnt work then use a toothpick or needle and thread and sew them on to a rock after a few weeks they will be attached.When I frag I do the same as above except the attaching method.
HTH
Mike

overanalyzer

CMPowell I am getting ready to frag a large shrrom and I am plannign on using some of hte wife'sold nylons to wrap the shroom gently around a rock .... since they won't glue ....

broncofish

Even better, go to a craft store and get some nylon mesh and a rubber band. go check out garf.org they have videos showing how to frag stuff.