fragging a christmas tree coral (medusa)

J

jstdv8

I have a Christmas Tree Coral (Sphaerella spp.)
And i was just wondering if these can be fragged or how they reproduce, will they split or just lose a branch that grows elsewhere or how do they work?
Its a cool coral and seems to be doing well in my system. It got me thinking that it seems they dont get much larger than 4-5 inches tall it looks like, which mine was when i bought it, so how do i make babies :)

hunt

as far as fragging i think you just cut of a branch and follow the procedure for other corals like the colt or a finger leather. Do some reaserch on google, ive never fragged a christmas tree coral but am pretty sure thats how you do it

loopy101

i have been looking for the answer for this question to. i have one for about a year now and has been doing great as well but i cant seem to find any solid info on how to frag this coral. im afraid of doing more damage then good with it so i have been just leaving it be. hopefully some one will know how to frag it. but i am assuming its just like hunt said to cut off a branch and attach it to a new piece of rubble.

J

jstdv8

mine seems to be changing, not sure if its growing or dying but the outside hairly layer is coming off on one side. When the tree is out it looks normal, It seems to prefer being out at night more often latley.