Fragging a nice blue sponge from a Blastomusa Wellsi (LPS)? ??? Pic added

carlos413

I got this coral about 8 months ago. Its a Blastomusa Wellsi (LPS)? When I got it I did not notice it but some how a blue sponge grew on the side of it. I now see a second one growing. Next the the main sponge. Id like to know how I could go about fragging the sponges away from the coral and maybe attach it to a rock or frag plug? I love the coral but id like to keep the sponge alive if there is a way. I know they cant be kept out of water, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys in advance.

excuse the crap cell phone pic but you should see what I mean.

al&burke

IDK I think if i were you I would just leave it, I am supprised no one has repied. Hang in there.

carlos413

It's been in there for almost a year. I have t5 lighting I am sure I could maintain it. I just don't know how I am going to go about cutting it than glueing it on to something else with out killing the thing. Oh and all of that has to be done underwater so I don't get air and kill the sponge. I am thinking I'll just leave it alone.

katsafados

If you get air in it all you have to do is make sure to shake the air bubbles out of the sponge underwater..
Ive exposed mine 3 times and shook them and nothing happend. Mine is growing pretty fast also.