Fragging a Red Chili Sponge

timeless1

Hello All,
I have been researching on the net and this board for tips to fragginf my Red Chili Sponge, but I did not find very much at all. I did recently frag my Red Chili Sponge and I though I would share these tips with you.
Tips to fragging a Red Chili Sponge.
This is one of the harder corals to frag due to it’s very sensitive nature. They must be under water at all times and if exposed to air they will die.
1.The first step is to study your coral to see it’s behavior at night and during the day. Once you know it’s routine you can examine the best place to frag the coral. Do not remove this coral from your tank, unless you have a large bowl, or bucket with water ready to go.
2.Use a new razor blade and make a cut to the top skin(mat) of the coral that is attached to the rock.
3.Once this is complete, you must now mark where you made the cut on the top of the coral, on the bottom of the rock it is attached. Then carefully use your dermal tool/cut off wheel and make a cut on the bottom of the rock ¾ of the way through.
4.Then take a flat head screwdriver and place in cut and twist. This should have you coral fragged succefully.
5.Return your coral and frag back to your tank.
6.Watch your coral for a day or two to ensure it returns to it’s schedule.
I hope this is helpful.
Timeless1