fragging help needed....

busymom

I got brave today and figured I would try to move some mushrooms onto a rock in my tank. They were on several sides of that plastic grid (egg crate?) stuff and I thought it was an eye sore. Removing them was pretty scary but they came off fairly easily. I used super glue gel to attach them to their new rock but I must have done something wrong as one of them has already detached and another is just barely hanging on. They dont look well. I know its just a couple of silly mushrooms but I really didn't want to kill them. And now I am wondering if I have some sort of toxic glue in my tank. I thought the gel superglue was ok?? Can anyone offer any ideas as to where I screwed up? Thanks for all of your advice. --Haley

teresaq

mushrooms dont take glue well, try netting them. or take a small shallow bowl, and fill with rubble, and put the shrooms in and netting over the top. once the attach to the rubble, and then glue them down.

sac10918

I had the same experience last week. I bought some new mushrooms and they were attached to egg crate also. I razor bladed them off, and put them where I wanted them in my tank. I was afraid to glue them because I didnt know if it would work or if it were toxic. I took a clear plastic cup, cut the bottom out, and rubber banded some nylon stocking over the end. THen I placed this over the rock where I had put the mushrooms to protect them from the current. It worked decent. I just removed the cup after only a week. Two of the three have stayed put, one was stubborn and went sumewhere else.