Fragging Ricordia Mushrooms

justinl

I have 1 nice frilly green ricordia shroom that I'd like to frag, but am unsure as to if I should do it as I'm afraid I'd kill it if that's possible. It almosts looks like a little anemone (hence the name mushroom anemone) with a mouth, guts, and everything, so why is it that you can cut them in half and they'll grow while you could never do that with a "real" anemone?
So, before I do it has anyone had any experience with this (not just read what others have done) type of shromm in particular and has any tips as to how and where to cut, and how to attach or place them after splicing?

nm reef

JustinL...I've never actually attempted to frag my ricordia(mine I believe is ricordia floridia)...it has just reproduced on its own. Initially it was a single speciman and it now is a group of 6-7 individuals. I didn't "do" anything to them...they just reproduced on their own. I have heard of people cutting them to induce new reproduction but thats not something I'd feel comfortable doing. There is a lot of fragging info out there...maybe a search for the info you need will be quicker than waiting for a "fragging" expert to answer here. The site mentioned does have info as well as numerous others.