Fragging Xenia

tbcseod

I did a quick look but did not see it asked - are Xenia fragged like Zoa or do then need to be fragged using a different method?
Thanks,
~T

rebelprettyboy

Here lately ive just been waitin til the lights go out and stick my hand in the tank and u should easily be able to just rip it off the bottom without leaving any there. Might have trouble the first time, but now its a breeze for me

t316

Typically, I just sit another small rock up next to the xenia, and within a couple of days, it will spread over onto the new rock. Then you can just pick up the new rock, with the xenia on it, and move it to where you want. If there is any connector 'skin' between the two pieces, just slice it apart with a razor blade.

cedarreef

Just take it out of the tank, be sure to keep it in a bowl of water so it doesn't crush itself under its own weight, and just use a sharp pair of scissors to cut smaller stalks off the main stalk. Have fun!

tbcseod

One other question - do you glue Xenia or do you put it in a mesh covered bowl with rubble and let it pick its own spot to attach?
~T

steve24

i find it easier to just pull them off by hand then with a rubber band wrap them to LR rubble, they attach in a few days ...
placing rubble next to them to grow onto works but my crabs kept knocking the rubble off ...
cutting them will leave small pieces of the stalk that will regrow

A

arlene1995

I frag my Xenia by removing it and cutting off small stalk(s) with a Razor Blade or Scissors. Then, I put it on a rock and wrap it in mesh. I then secure the mesh with a rubberband. In about 5 days, it should have attatched to the rock.