Frags?

nucknfutts

Beeing fairly new to this great hobby I had someone tell me to come over to there house and they will break off a coral frag for me. How is this done without killing the corals.

striker

Coral fragging can be done with great success providing your system is mature enough. If you want more info on frags go to garf.com or search for aquacultured corals online. I prefer the natural way and haven't fragged any of my corals though I have been tempted to try it with my mushrooms. Haven't found any need since they are reproducing nicely on their own. My pearl bubble sprouted a new head and my hammer split one of its' heads. My mushrooms, button polyps and star polyps are spreading out like crazy.

q

I have fragged every piece of sps that I have. Only 4 types now. My candycane coral, toadstool leather and some shrooms cause I had to thin them out a bit as some of them were detatching as it was too crowded for them. Also cut off a 5 inch section of my green star polyps.
It is quite easy to do and the corals are none the worse. The hard part for me is knowing when to stop.