freaking out!

teviesfish

Did the qt tank for 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!! moved them to the display tank two weeks ago and toniight my Blue hippo baby is scratching! i was under the impression that once i did the qt that it would get rid of all of that crap. And that ick had to be in my tank laying in waiting for a host. But if it isnt in my tank and i qt my fish and treat for it and be sure its gone and then transfer them i wouldnt get ick in my display. I am going to be so ticked off. I know they are ick prone but i did the stinking qt.

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by teviesfish
Did the qt tank for 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!! moved them to the display tank two weeks ago and toniight my Blue hippo baby is scratching! GOD DANG IT i was under the impression that once i did the qt that it would get rid of all of that crap. And that ick had to be in my tank laying in waiting for a host. But if it isnt in my tank and i qt my fish and treat for it and be sure its gone and then transfer them i wouldnt get ick in my display. I am going to be so ticked off. I know they are ick prone but i did the stinking qt.
sorry about that but theres no reason to use gods name in vein. did u do hypo?

nick76

Thats sucks man, ud think 2 months in a QT would be enough...I guess u either gotta med ur Fish in QT even before u see anything or Hypo it. No Excuses.

kidwicked

Originally Posted by ryanhayes9
sorry about that but theres no reason to use gods name in vein. did u do hypo?

religion is for fools that are too afraid of reality..
do you also worship Zeus and Athena? :hilarious

taznut

Originally Posted by KidWicked
:hilarious
so true

ginarox

sorry to hear that,,,but hippo tangs are prone to getting ick if stressed ....

p.s. dont get discouraged,,just keep an eye on him,,if he is still eating he will be fine, but as soon as you see that he is not ,,take him out,,,i have a hippo that had ick and i just kept an eye on him, and my other fish to make sure they dont get ick,,but they didnt,,and my blue hippo was eating good and he did just fine, this was about 2 months ago ,,his ick was due to the tempature change that i was dealing with ,,which i got it under control as well, i hope this helps,,,,,

jmick

this is a christian site...no anti god/religious statements allowed here...you're going to hell!
LMAO!

cgrant

I am greek, do you have an issue with zeus or athena? :hilarious

jmick

Originally Posted by CGRANT
I am greek, do you have an issue with zeus or athena? :hilarious

I've always been a fan of Aphrodite!

cgrant

Originally Posted by Jmick
I've always been a fan of Aphrodite!
and me!

so much for this tread! LOL!

a&a2

Last time I checked, this was a site for fish---not religion! ***) Anyways lets keep it to the fish topic. Just my .02cents, that original comment was made by someone who just wanted to start something! Looks like KidWicked succeeded!

alyssia

Originally Posted by A&A2
Last time I checked, this was a site for fish---not religion! ***) Anyways lets keep it to the fish topic. Just my .02cents, that original comment was made by someone who just wanted to start something! Looks like KidWicked succeeded!

Exactly, just looking to start trouble.

readster

i've noticed that alot of people post questions, that go completely unanswered, that is very frustrating, and breeds discontent, and causes off the topic rants.

a&a2

Anyways---I had the same problem w/my hippo. I attribute his recovery due to cleaner shrimp(a must) and garlic additive in the food to strengthin the ammune system! :happyfish

beadmaker

Cleaner shrimp are a must I swear by them. Garlic can't hurt. The only way to get ich out of the display is to take all fish out and quarantine them and let the display go fishless for 2 months. life cycle of ich is 45 days. Ich lay dormant on substrate then hatch swim looking for a fish host suck on your fish then hatch more eggs. If the swimmers can't find a fish host they die.