FREE Fish Food To The First 5 People:

windlasher

Hello All:
LTNS...
I have a favor to ask. I am looking for 5 people interested in trying out a new kind of fish food that we are bringing to market this month. This really is your next favorite Fish food. It's better than most of the food out there and I promise your fish will love it. I have been developing this food for more than a year, working with a chemist and a nutritionist to develop the food and we are quite proud of what we have come up with. Needless to say, THIS AINT YOUR FATHERS FISH FOOD.

It will cost you nothing and the only thing I ask is that you provide honest feedback, good or bad, but there are a few stipulations.
1: You must be an experienced marine hobbyist, that is to say that you must have substantial posts here to be considered. It's not that I don't think newbies have anything to offer, but more that I need people who have been through the wringer a bit in this hobby and know what to consider.
2: You must provide feedback, good or bad, but honestly.
PM me and let me know that you wish to participate. I will respond to the first 5 qualified people. All I need is an address and if you prefer the OMNIVORE or the HERBIVORE blend. (i.e. what kind of fish do you have).
I hope that SWF.com will be carrying this in the near future, (I am in the process of asking) but for right now, I am seeding it to the general community for feedback. I have spent over a year of my life on this and substantial resources in it's development. Thats kind of why I disappeared for a while, to work on this.
There are a lot of great people here with great opinions who have helped me out in the past, so I am asking for them again.
I would like to ship them out tomorrow, for Saturday delivery, so quicker would be better than not. Saturday delivery is because I have to ship them with frozen gel pack to keep them cold.
TRUST ME: YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS FOOD AS WILL YOUR FISH....

You will receive a 5 oz package of either blend as well as other manufacturing details & nutritional information.
Let me know and thanks...
-WL
a.k.a. Vincent

jackri

Any details other than we are going to love it?
Is it frozen, gel, flake, cube, etc?
I'm not personally interested (make my own as well) but I think the people you are looking at test marketing it to with experience want to know what they are getting before they would think about feeding it like why they will love it (reasons 1, 2, 3, etc) rather than you will love it (with no backing statements). My .02 on trying to help you out.

windlasher

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3258771
Any details other than we are going to love it?
Is it frozen, gel, flake, cube, etc?
I'm not personally interested (make my own as well) but I think the people you are looking at test marketing it to with experience want to know what they are getting before they would think about feeding it like why they will love it (reasons 1, 2, 3, etc) rather than you will love it (with no backing statements). My .02 on trying to help you out.
WOW. You would think I was asking you to pay for it. The deal is, you get a package in the mail for free... You look at the product, you read the info, you decide, I want to feed this to my fish, or I do not. If you do not, then you dont.. Whats the biggie?
EDIT: Sorry - Thought about it a bit...
I think its a better product. I am looking for opinions. Thats all. Why is this a problem?

jackri

I think you took my point out of context (which maybe it's me as its been happening a lot).
You want the experienced owners. Well IMO they are the people that want to know what they're getting before it goes in their tank. No information up front really doesn't help -- I'm not disputing the quality of the food but anyone trying to sell something (or sell something in the future) is of course going to talk up their product (which they should). The people you are targeting specifically would want to know the breakdown of nutrients, what process was used as it may affect water conditions.
Maybe I'm wrong -- I've been wrong before and will be again but was trying to offer some advice.
I guess the way I saw it was Ford is better than Chevy or vice versa. Umm ok -- but why?
Again I'm not being critical but was trying to possibly offer some real possible help. You have a short bullet list about what you want and demand. Nothing gets other people more excited than when you talk about them and their tanks and how it benefits them and their tanks -- health information, flavor enchancers, disease prevention. My fish love anything -- they really don't care but doesn't always mean it's healthy for them or my tank.

dingus890

I'll try the food. I have been in the hobby over 2 years and have 4 saltwater tanks ranging from 5 to 55 gallon.

spanko

So you are looking for guinea pigs to try out your new fish food.
"You must be an experienced marine hobbyist, that is to say that you must have substantial posts here to be considered. It's not that I don't think newbies have anything to offer, but more that I need people who have been through the wringer a bit in this hobby and know what to consider."
Yet you show only 731 posts here.
"I have been developing this food for more than a year, working with a chemist and a nutritionist to develop the food and we are quite proud of what we have come up with."
Yet when asked to provide more information on your research you seem reluctant to post it here.
IDK might just be me but it would seem caution would be the best road to travel here.

windlasher

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3258805
I think you took my point out of context (which maybe it's me as its been happening a lot).
You want the experienced owners. Well IMO they are the people that want to know what they're getting before it goes in their tank. No information up front really doesn't help -- I'm not disputing the quality of the food but anyone trying to sell something (or sell something in the future) is of course going to talk up their product (which they should). The people you are targeting specifically would want to know the breakdown of nutrients, what process was used as it may affect water conditions.
Maybe I'm wrong -- I've been wrong before and will be again but was trying to offer some advice.
I guess the way I saw it was Ford is better than Chevy or vice versa. Umm ok -- but why?
Again I'm not being critical but was trying to possibly offer some real possible help. You have a short bullet list about what you want and demand. Nothing gets other people more excited than when you talk about them and their tanks and how it benefits them and their tanks -- health information, flavor enchancers, disease prevention. My fish love anything -- they really don't care but doesn't always mean it's healthy for them or my tank.
I get that. But if I were Chevy, and I called you as a current or past Chevy owner and I said, Hey, here are the keys to our new 2011 Chevy (insert cool car name here), please take it home for two weeks and come back and tell us what you think because it gets 900 miles to the gallon and turns into a super safe giant cannoli if you get into an accident , You would do it right?
Of course it comes with all of that information. This is a shelf ready product, packaging, ingredient list, UPC code, etc, yada yada. :) If someone sent me an unmarked bag of goo, I wouldn't put it in my tank either.
I am taking about sending out a complete media kit with it, which includes all of the things you listed. Its also going out to a major reefing magazine & web site today, as well as a certain someone who has been in the news a lot as of late for reef keeping. (no I cant name him just yet :)
But since we are on the subject, I think you should try it as well. What could it hurt? :)

windlasher

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3258816
So you are looking for guinea pigs to try out your new fish food.
"You must be an experienced marine hobbyist, that is to say that you must have substantial posts here to be considered. It's not that I don't think newbies have anything to offer, but more that I need people who have been through the wringer a bit in this hobby and know what to consider."
Yet you show only 731 posts here.
"I have been developing this food for more than a year, working with a chemist and a nutritionist to develop the food and we are quite proud of what we have come up with."
Yet when asked to provide more information on your research you seem reluctant to post it here.
IDK might just be me but it would seem caution would be the best road to travel here.
Whats up Henry. Does that mean you are willing to try it? :)
Don't Judge me by how many posts I have HERE. MY first SW tank was set up 30 years ago. We fed feeder goldfish to our nems and lion fish because thats all we knew. I mention i there because it give me an idea of experience level.

cranberry

Is it food that could be some how stick fed to scorpionfish and lions?
I also have an Orange Spotted Filefish.
If you think any of my fish would be able to eat your product, I would be willing to try it.
And note... I'm the one the girl's at work look to for the truth. Them: "Renee, does this look okay?" Me: "No, that looks like cr@p". That's me.... honest to a fault if you are asking an opinion.

speg

You don't seem to push your product in a positive way at all.. You come across as a .... <-- you can figure that one out.
People have asked some simple questions and you completely avoid them and then procede to use a Chevy test-drive scenario to make your point-which really doesn't make sense.
This is essentially a person on the street saying "Here, eat this.. I won't tell you anything about the product, but it's free so it's fine!"
Tell us about your product and answer questions without being a four letter word.
I wouldn't buy your product, or recommend it based on how you've come across on here already.

cranberry

I don't get why we are jumping on this guy. I'm the first to say if someone is being a butt, but I'm not reading that here at all.
It's a free product. You want in, you raise your hand. You don't... you don't.
PS. My spellchecker went down with the 'puter virus I caught.... forgive me until I get it back up.

speg

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3258877
I don't get why we are jumping on this guy. I'm the first to say if someone is being a butt, but I'm not reading that here at all.
lol sorry.. I guess next time we'll check with you to see if someone is being a butt since you're the first.
Feel free to try it. I'm explaining how he comes off as a business. Kthx.

speg

There is a way to do things right and wrong. This person is doing it wrong, and just giving your address to anybody on the internet is questionable for sure. This guy won't even answer simple questions to potential customers?
Did this guy even talk to swf.com about offering this product or did they just come to these boards without even considering to talk to swf.com? I don't even know why I'm asking these questions since he won't answer them...