free items from swf.com

espkh9

anyone know the levels for free items from this site ?
if you can list them from the lowest level to the highest level that would be great!
what's the best item you can get after years ? how much value ?

michaeltx

The way the program works is each live goods purchase places you into a corresponding "Level". Each Level (1,2,3, etc.) will offer you a choice of different free items each time you order. Our system will recognize you once you've logged into the shopping cart and notify you of the level you've reached, along with your choice of free items. The free items will change from time to time. Please remember that the free item may occasionally be substituted if we run out of stock on that item, and the free item is not part of the guarantee program.
they will tell you what level you are at and what items are availble as freebies at the time you order. since it always changes no one can tell you for sure.
Mike

scsinet

The site computes the free item level inclusive of your current shopping cart.
So say your order history adds up to $400. If you want to see what you'd get with a $500 history, put $100 worth of stuff in your cart and move through the checkout. If you want to see at $1000, put $600 in, etc. You don't need to actually submit an order to see.
If I recall, the levels increase at $500 increments. $500, $1000, $1500, etc. The top level is "reef level" (at least I assume... I haven't been incremented beyond that yet and it's been a long time/lotta money). At that level you get $25-30 items like cleaner shrimp, yellow tang, mandarins, butterflys, etc.
What sucks is that once you increment to the next level, you can't get free stuff from a lower level, so if I don't want a $25 item, but I need something like a $10 crab, I can't get it.

espkh9

i'm on reef level i just got 3 ricrodeas as my free item, thats the highest you can go ?
i've been on reef my last 3 orders. got a yellow tang 4 inches and an orange tree sponge and 3 neon green ricordeas free..but thats the highest ?

michaeltx

I will point admin to the direction of this post and maybe they can shed alittle more light on what levels and all there are.
Mike

nycbob

i just placed my order and got 3 free recordias too. would be nice if they gv out free coral. hehe.

espkh9

i just wanna know if we can get better freebees lol since we keep ordering ? they should make new levels with more freebies noit the same we already got all the gorgonians tree sponges yello tangs ricordeas and in the beginninbg the snails cleanerclams etc...we want some nice corals!!! let the ppl be heard lol!!

espkh9

from what i saw the highest level is reef...that is the level i am on...we need more levels please fwd to admin.. thanks

scsinet

The problem is that if they go any higher the minimum order would be a problem.
The reef level entitles you to merchandise that sells for about $25-30 on the site. The minimum order on the site is $79. There is a box fee and a fuel charge, but that goes directly out the door in packing materials and FedEX fees, and some of that $79 even goes towards shipping charges. So if you place a $79 order, they are maybe actually bringing in $65 or so (may be less) gross.
So if they create a higher level, say a $40 item, they are only clearing $25, and their cost of the livestock they send you comes out of that. Or, to put it another way, they are sending you $105 worth of livestock for which they get $25.
In the end, with the reef level, I doubt SWF.COM is making much money when one of us reef level people makes an order that barely clears the minimum. So if they create higher levels, I'd expect they would have to raise the minimum order to cover themselves.
Not that I wouldn't want a higher level too... I just can't see it making sense for them.

espkh9

that might be true but they should create a platnium or some higher program...it would provide and much more attractive way to get reef level customers to place more orders then from going to the competition.
besides most of my order are double the minimum anyways if they have what i want in stock.