freshwater dip? / copper dip?

saltyfish dude

Now I have heard about both of these. I'm not sure what kind of freshwater I would use (RO? im assuming), and for the copper dip, what kind of copper or chemical exactly, and would that be in fresh or salt water, for how long and at what concentration?
I curretly do not have a quarantine tank and was interested in both of these methods but I have no experience with them. Please shed some "experienced" light on this subject for me, please.......Neal in Grover Beach,CA

N

nereef

there is a good explanation of the freshwater dip in the archives. that should answer most questions on this method.
i'm not familiar with the copper dip. many sw fish are fairly sensitive to copper.

lion_crazz

I would recommend against both of the dips, as both will greatly stress out your animals and really will not do anything, as far as parasite control and prevention goes.

sepulatian

I STRONGLY suggest you get a qt tank. You will spend more money on treatments than you will on the qt in the long run. Just get a qt tank. A qt tank needs a hang on the back filter, a heater, thermometer, a cheap stock light, and a few pieces of pvc pipe for fish to hide in, that is it. Get one and qt your new inhabitants. ALL new inhabitants. Cycle it first. Have a happy, disease-free tank! :happyfish

teresaq

you can pick up a 10 gal kit at walmart fairly cheap. 30 to 40 bucks, and it has everything you would need for a qt tank.