freshwater ?

sgtdraven

i know this is a saltwater bb but i got a ? about freshwater ick...i have a small 10 gallon for the kid in it are about six small fish..i introduced a red platy and two small barbs last week that seemed fine and i have seen them several times at the lfs so i bought them..three days later they had plus two of my other fish had ich..so i treated with coppersafe which is supposed to last a month.the ich seemed almost gone but when i woke up and put the lights on this morning i noticed the same fish had it worst then before..is it because the rest of the ich hatched?should i dose the tank again..all fish are eating and swimming normal.....

twoods71

There are tons of products on the market for freshwater ick. The one I used when I was in freshwater was rid ick. It worked like a charm.
I'am not sure if copper treatment will work in freshwater.
I'm sure someone else on this board can elaborate on that.

grouperhead

when mine had ick i used quICK. it worked really good. look into some. also talk to your lfs, they can tell you what to get. later, bo

luckyboy7

hey you can do all those ick away things, that would be a good suggestion... And to raise the temp of your tank a little if you can if it was 78 then to 80... Something like that... And for fresh water, you should also be using aquarium salt too... They sell that at your lfs Im sure... I use to work at one... And know lots about fresh water fish, learning more about salt all the time tho... Thanks to everyone here... Good Luck!