Fridmani Getting frisky!

salix

I have two Fridmani Dottybacks. About a week ago the both moved over to one corner of the tank right after i set up a mess of pvc tubing for them, and a large conch shell that the male likes. The female is now pregnant. i have been watching for a couple of days and she definatly has an enlagre area on her belly that is white and getting bigger.
What are the chances that the fry if they even get that far will survive?

promisetbg

Originally Posted by salix
What are the chances that the fry if they even get that far will survive?
Congrats on the breeding pair. It's likely the fry will become food for the tank. They would have to be removed to a special tank and fed very small food such as rotifers.

celacanthr

People have had outstanding luck raising psuedochromis, of course this is relative, and promisetbg is right, unless you move the eggs to a rearing tank, you will lose the fry.

e-mail me at ndnlittlecrow@gmail.com plz, I have an article for you to read on it.

salix

Thanks for the info. I will drop you an email and look into it.
It would be rewarding if i were able to breed them.

salix

Shes already pregnant again. it hasn't even been five days since she laid eggs and now here belly is full again. she will probably lay these within another 5 days. This is crazy. What will i do with all these fish if they survive?