Frilly zoas?

christye1122

These came with the tank...
There are green ones and pink ones, they seem to grow pretty big, most are 3/4"-1-1/2", some approaching 2" including the skirt. They are scattered around and don't really seem to spread sideways, any thoughts?
Sorry if fuzzy pix, this is my first try at posting one, trying to zoom in,
Christy

perfectdark

Yep I would be 99.9% positive in saying those are Mojano Anemones... pests and a lot of them. Start nuking them soon....

christye1122

Well, ****.
And I thought they were kinda pretty. Still do. They haven't spread any, but have grown I think. But the last time I argued with an expert....lets just say I hit a couple with the Aitipsia X and moved the most covered rocks to the fish only tank. A brief google makes me think a butterfly will eat them, and if they aren't in with the corals....any more thoughts? Particular butterflies? They are pretty enough for butterfly food.
Thanks as always...
Christy

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Christye1122
http:///forum/post/2807245
Well, ****.
And I thought they were kinda pretty. Still do. They haven't spread any, but have grown I think. But the last time I argued with an expert....lets just say I hit a couple with the Aitipsia X and moved the most covered rocks to the fish only tank. A brief google makes me think a butterfly will eat them, and if they aren't in with the corals....any more thoughts? Particular butterflies? They are pretty enough for butterfly food.
Thanks as always...
Christy
Not sure what fish eats them, but joes juice has worked for me in the past.

christye1122

Ok, OK, I must've been lucky so far, not too many loose nutrients so they didn't spread. I did move some to the fish tank, tho. and I am nuking the ones in the coral tank. Not sure I should kill 'em all at once, they are pretty big, bio=load speaking, and they do not let go after a little lemon juice or Aitipsia X. Some have been curled up for 2 days now, but not dead, not loose. Appreciate all the input, anyone else have expertise?
Christy