frogspawn advice.

My frogswawn again is acting weird. Its still purple around the mouth and it looks like white excretions are coming from the mouth. It seems to close a lot more these days. I know my Alk is high and im not sure how to lower it. I have Zoas in the tank that are flourishing. Whats the deal????

shrimpi

Originally Posted by Shaun Larlee
http:///forum/post/2626263
My frogswawn again is acting weird. Its still purple around the mouth and it looks like white excretions are coming from the mouth. It seems to close a lot more these days. I know my Alk is high and im not sure how to lower it. I have Zoas in the tank that are flourishing. Whats the deal????
frogspawn is pretty indestructable by nature. How long have you had it? what types of lighting? where is it placed in the tank? how much flow is it getting>? is there anything within reaching distance?
Jess

Its looks much better today....but 1 head is closed almost completly. It has 13 heads so i didnt notice it. I dunno what can cause them to close.
Here are the stats.
Ive had it about 2 weeks. Its under nova extreme pros. I have good movement ( kor 2, 1200 powerhead, and wet dry spout.) Nothing within distance of it, and it about mid way up so it has room to spread.

shrimpi

time will tell, doesnt seem like there is anything obviously wrong with his home :)
All you can do is wait it out. Sometimes corals do weird things
Good Luck
Jess

jarodw45

Just make sure the flow is not too strong as the flesh is very sensitive. Mine close if too much flow. Everything else seems good. Good luck i love spawns.