Frogspawn and Hammer Coral

the_bandit

Ive had a Hammer Coral for about a month now and some days they look good and other days they don't look good. They look the best when there is little to no flow and they are on the sand bed. My lights are T5HO 216watt Parameters are all good checked em out yesterday. Then last week I bought my first ever Frogspawn. When it was at the LFS it was about the size of a baseball. Now it isn't looking to hot. Can I get some advice on where I should place my Hammer and Frogspawn. I dont want these two to die I love em too much.

xeniaman

direct the flow in which the corals are gently flowing and avoid moving them around. If they look good close to the sandbed leave them there and give them time. Mine also like to be in the bottom third of the tank with a gentle flow. Depending on your lighting situation that is where I would leave them. Good Luck

truperc

I have a frogspawn and hammer as well. My frogspawn is doing very well in a low flow area of the tank, where it receives indirect light.
What I mean by indirect is, the coral is about half way up the tank and in the back so the light fixture is not actually over the coral directly.
My hammer is doing fine, but is a small frag so I am less confident on giving my 2 cents, but FWIW I have it at the bottom of the tank in a medium flow area.