Frogspawn fragging ?

harris28

I have followed a thread below about fragging a frogspawn but I was still curious. My frogspwan was a single branch frag back in December. I still have it attached to the plug and I currently have it sitting in the sand.
However since then the head split and split and split and split and slpit and it producing babies on the underside
. It is getting huge and I would love to frag it. i have noticed that basically it is all still one stalk, the fleshy part split away making a y but for me to frag it i would have to cut through flesh. Now from reading this can not be done, correct? Is there anything I can do to break it up or do I have to wait till it makes a new skeleton branch?

renogaw

i dunno... i've seen someone take a diamond blade tile saw to a head of frogspawn, cutting through the skin no problem.
if you're completely paranoid about it, just try cutting the babies off and lguing them. i've been told it works, although i've never seen the babies after the glue lets go.

spanko

I would like to see a picture then maybe we could point to some area(s) where it would be good to cut.

palmer373

im still curious bought this tho, i have a hammer that i bought when 1 head was splitting into 2 heads with the 'bone' stalk glued to a small rock. it is also sitting in the sand. i had 1 of the 2 heads split and now i think the other head is splitting so i have for sure 3 heads, maybe 4. i havent noticed anymore 'bone' but i have noticed the flechy part growing longer. how would i frag it now or should i wait till its just 'bone' like stated before?
also i have a nonbranching frogspawn and im curious if/how people frag those or how they grow bigger. anyone?

D

devonmcmanus

I have fragged a bunch of Frogspawn, hammers, reverse hammers and torches. They all use the same technique to frag and are very simple. This process does take patience. Like mentioned above you can cut down the center of the two heads with a diamond tipped saw making sure not to cut the coral itself that will be in the center of the skeleton. The easiest way to frag these are to wait for the head to become more defined (seperate). The heads will split and branch apart. Wait until the seperate branches become hard like the rest of the skeletal base and all you have to do is grab both sides of the skeleton and pull them apart right down the middle. Its as simple as that. Let me know how things work out for you.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonmcmanus http:///t/324358/frogspawn-fragging#post_3404803
I have fragged a bunch of Frogspawn, hammers, reverse hammers and torches. They all use the same technique to frag and are very simple. This process does take patience. Like mentioned above you can cut down the center of the two heads with a diamond tipped saw making sure not to cut the coral itself that will be in the center of the skeleton. The easiest way to frag these are to wait for the head to become more defined (seperate). The heads will split and branch apart. Wait until the seperate branches become hard like the rest of the skeletal base and all you have to do is grab both sides of the skeleton and pull them apart right down the middle. Its as simple as that. Let me know how things work out for you.
LOL..This is a very old thread from 08 and last question was in January...But..Welcome to the site and try the "NEW" post section. We are glad to have you join us.