Frogspawn losing heads.....

meowzer

I have a massive frogspawn in my 29G tank and it suddenly has started to lose heads.....they have actually floated off

What would/could cause this......I have not tested water....I'll have to do that tomorrow afternoon.....and I think I will get a w/c ready also

BUT just curious if their is a "common" reason that this could happen

2quills

Polyp Bailout. I'd check the water. I've read it could be anything from a stress response to a reproduction method.

slice

I kinda remember reading somewhere that another way of procreation is dropping heads. What is the health of the mother and the (potential) babies?

BTW, ask Joe about his newly acquired fetish for nail polish...

meowzer

I didn't get to do the w/c today....I will do it tomorrow.....this bunch was looking great until a few days ago.....then I noticed a floater....and then some empty stalks...and more floaters

The floaters looked OK......Will know more tomorrow I guess

nail polish?????

carol mcdermott

That happened to me. I had bought a red sea max with all the livestock from a guy and moved every thing. It was all great for months then the heads started to drop off till they were all off so I removed the branches and it was so fragile it broke apart. I think it was because the guy never did water changes or ad calcium etc to the water. Things that make large skeletons need plenty of nutrients. I add those between water changes. Some of the heads did make new frags though.hope that helps