Frogspawn question?

jazztap10

So, this weekend I'm planning to get my very first LPS (hurrah!) and I'm nervous! I was wondering, can you have two different frogspawns beside each other without chemical warfare occuring? If yes, what about a frogspawn beside a torch or a hammer, since they are the same family?

mx#28

Originally Posted by jazztap10
http:///forum/post/3204755
So, this weekend I'm planning to get my very first LPS (hurrah!) and I'm nervous! I was wondering, can you have two different frogspawns beside each other without chemical warfare occuring? If yes, what about a frogspawn beside a torch or a hammer, since they are the same family?
Order of stinging potency from highest to lowest is generally: Torch, Frogspawn, Hammer.
Almost always two of the same species can touch. Very often a hammer coral and a frogspawn can touch. Less often can a torch coral touch either. I've seen torches kill hammer corals and frogspawns in an instant. Every once in a while, it seems to work fine to group any and all species from the genus Euphyllia, but I wouldn't take the chance with the torch.

katsafados

I think it all depends on what you get! I have a Frogspawn with pulsing xenias touching it, and the xenias are doing fine! Been like that for a month now lol. The ones that are in contact with the frogspawn are a little smaller then the ones that are further away for obviouse reasons. But nothing has died yet.
heres a pic.. the frogspawn and the xenia are on the left.. sorry bout the dirty glass haha
Attachment 237031