Fudge Advice

imbroke

I'm planning on building a fudge for my 72 gallon tank. What size should the fudge be in gallons because I have limited space in my stand? Also what does having 3 buffers an inch apart from one another do?

carshark

Originally Posted by imbroke
I'm planning on building a fudge for my 72 gallon tank. What size should the fudge be in gallons because I have limited space in my stand? Also what does having 3 buffers an inch apart from one another do?
baffles you mean?, it reduces microbubbles caused by water circulation and skimming...

murph

The trick to fudge is to carmalise the suger just right before mixing and fast cooling at the end so you dont end up with syrupe
.............Sorry couldnt resist being a smart a!- there.
Of course you mean fuge in which case you dont really have to worry about baffles at all. A spare tank say about 30 gallons for a 75g, some Home depot play sand and a nice bunch of macro algea and your in business. Of course you need a surface skimmer to get water from your main tank and a return pump in your fuge to get water back. Its really not much more complicated than that. If I can do it I figure anyone can.

hot883

Originally Posted by Murph
The trick to fudge is to carmalise the suger just right before mixing and fast cooling at the end so you dont end up with syrupe
.............Sorry couldnt resist being a smart a!- there.
Of course you mean fuge in which case you dont really have to worry about baffles at all. A spare tank say about 30 gallons for a 75g, some Home depot play sand and a nice bunch of macro algea and your in business. Of course you need a surface skimmer to get water from your main tank and a return pump in your fuge to get water back. Its really not much more complicated than that. If I can do it I figure anyone can.

Thinkin same thing. Ha!