Future 75g stock list...maybe?

sugarfox03

So I am trashing the 37 gal idea (thanks for the suggestions!) Once my finances are back in check (next month) I plan to look for a 75 gal tank. Now, is this one big enough for a dwarf fuzzy lion, maroon clown, coral beauty? If so, would it be too much to add 3-4 green chromis and/or a yellow tang? Are all of these compatible? This is going to a fowlr, with 80+ lbs LS and around 100 lbs LR. I already have the protein skimmer. Will also have a fuge (dont know what size yet, maybe a 20g?) Sorry for all the questions, and if they seem dumb - all my research has been on nano tanks/fish, so this big tank stuff is new to me! Also, what lighting do I need? I dont plan on keeping any corals. Thanks in advance!

dogstar

The fish dont need special lighting but do need a constaint day and night photoperiod. A 75g should be OK for everything you listed as long as the Tang is small when aquired. It may be fine for a few years. Research feeding habits of the lion...Ofcourse add these fish slowly over time and the angle and tang last to allow the tank time to get established. Not sure if you already have the angel or lion from your post.

sugarfox03

I have nothing. I am doing months of research on this tank as I dont want to do anything wrong. I wont add any fish more than once a month (except the chromis, those will go in at the same time.) I plan to upgrade to an even larger tank in about 2 years, so the tang would be moving to that tank when time comes. I would add the chromis first, then med. maroon clown, then small fuzzy lion, then small tang, then coral beauty. Does this sound ok, or should I switch the order? Thanks for the info!

dogstar

Sounds good to me......congrats on the new system and good job on the research...Sounds like it will be a success...

sugarfox03

Thanks! I cant wait! It will be a mix of fish that both my boyfriend and I have been eyeing for awhile. I love my 24 gal and all, but the bigger fish are just so much more fun to watch, and just so beautiful! I have to rearrange some things in my little studio apartment to fit the larger tank, but that will be no problem. Thanks again! And if anyone else has any recommendations/suggestions/comments, etc...please feel free! :happyfish
-Melody