Fuzzy in a 45g tall?

clown52

I want a lion bad but I know I cant have one in my 55 reef. Do you think I could put a fuzzy Lion in a 45 tall? I ask because I already have everything for this tank other than the live rock.
If I can put a Fuzzy Lion in the 45 what tank mate could I put in so he wouldn't be all alone? Any small eels?
Thanks!

debbie

Oh yes, you have a nice size tank for a fuzzy. Mine is in a 25 gal, they are pretty lax fish and perch all day long. Make sure you don't put anything that can fit into its mouth.
Ex: bicolor blenny.....
My fault and ignorance.
I do have two larger ocellaris clowns with mine and they are just fine. I know though that some of the clowns are very tiny and would be dinner.
Also shrimp, they will eat those too. Crabs and snails seem fine.
I don't know anything about eels, sorry cannot help you there.
But you will get alot of adivce from folks here, watch the replies.

lion_crazz

A fuzzy would be fine in a 45. I would not do any eels though. You could try a pair of nice sized clowns, maybe a few cardinals, a hawkfish, or even a nice sized fairy wrasse. Just don't get anything too small that could fit in your lion's mouth.

v-lioness

You could look at the Redtail Filefish (Pervagor Melanocephalus) & Green / Bristle Tail Filefish (Acreichthys Tomentosus), these would go in your tank with the lion. They stay towards the top & even sleep at the top. They are cousins to the trigger yet stay smaller than the trigger.
Kaye

clown52

Awesome! I'll just have to finish building the canopy for it then and I should be in good shape.
Thanks!
V-Lioness, I'll have to look those up because I am not famaliar with them but thanks for the recomendations.