garlic anyone?

bozfamily

can anybody tell me how exactly to do a garlic treat ment on my tank is just regular store bought garlic or what? :notsure:

rainfishy

Garlic treatment for what?? I feed my fish garlic daily, regular store bought fresh garlic, blended up with their food and other vitamins. Other people who use store bought food soak their fish food in garlic. I prefer to use fresh garlic cause I know there is nothing else in it but garlic.

rainfishy

Garlic helps boost your fishes immune system, which inturn helps fight and prevent disease. However IMO it is not a cure for ich. You can read about ich under disease info at the top of this page. Good Luck

merredeth

You SOAK your krill, bloodworms etc. in the garlic for 1/2 an hour and then feed it to the fish, not dose your tank.
This helps boost their immune system and will help fight ich and other problems.
I soak food for all my tanks and feed it whenever I do my feedings.
Denise M.

merredeth

Originally Posted by Saltwater8
What about using a product called Garlic Extreme?

Garlic Extreme works as well as Garlic Guard, but fresh is always the best. I alternate between the fresh, Garlic Guard and/or Garlic Extreme daily.
I believe Garlic Extreme, if memory serves me correctly has more of the good stuff in it, but I don't always pay for Garlic Extreme each time I go to the LFS as it is almost double the cost, so I have both on hand in addition to fresh.
Denise M.