GatorNationals Gainsville Fl.

digitydash

Morosso used to be good but it not like it used to be befor D i c k Morosso died.My dad ran the light their.You may get a couple of Nitro cars but not like the GatorNationals.Here is some picks from last year.

scotts

Yeah, my son uses the gun ear phones a lot.
I was watching the drags one time and we all know they have upwards of 5,000 horsepower. Well one guy dropped a cylinder and the announcer said that he had dropped 700 horses just by losing that one cylinder. I thought, wow that is 3 times the horsepower of my car, in that one cylinder.
Hope you have a great time.

digitydash

Yea it is pretty impressive how much power they make.I will have a blast I look foward to this every year.Then off to Homestead to watch the indy cars in 2 weeks
.I have no football but I got my motorsports

spiderwoman

Trivia question for you all...
Who is the fastest chicken farmer in the world (female)? Has a few European Top Fuel championships..

scotts

Sure get some weird results when you google "fastest chicken farmer"
Digi, you sound like me about 15 years ago. If it had wheels I would watch it race. Which Indy Cars CART or IRL? I hated when Tony George made that split. Lost me as a fan.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2517287
I actually know this person. Her name is Anita Makela and she is an ex-Top Fuel driver from Finland. She has multiple European championships etc. She is a chicken farmer

digitydash

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2517287
Digi, you sound like me about 15 years ago. If it had wheels I would watch it race. Which Indy Cars CART or IRL? I hated when Tony George made that split. Lost me as a fan.
They are the same now.They joined together again.I do saturdays I have a long drive so I just go to orlando on sunday.

scotts

I heard they were going to merge, but did not know they had done it yet.
You and Grouper going to trade Frags on Sunday?

sluggo

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2517406
Not going, we were suppose to head to Sebring tomorrow night, but no one besides me could get off work.

Hey AquaKnight, I see you are from Orlando and like races. Is the old Drag Strip still in use at Bithloe, I dont know if that is the correct spelling or not. It was out Highway 50 from Orlando.
I used to race a motorcycle there back in the early 70's.
Don Saunders

aquaknight

Hey Don,
Oh yea, it's all still there. Brought my car a couple times on their Weds. and Fridays test and tunes at the drag strip and been to a couple drift events at the oval. Haven't been to any of the major events though. But it's still up and running. They shot a couple episodes of "Pinks" there. One of them was that 'fuzzy wagon' IIRC. And that north vs. south (forget the name) car show that was on Spike TV, they filmed that at the oval.
Sounds like it used to be out on the boonies on 50, you'd be surprised how much the area as grown.

sluggo

Oh yea, it was out in the boonies back in those days. I do not think that there was an oval track there either. I only thing that I can remember being around it was a bar called the Wagon Wheel. As you came out of the drag strip it was a few hundred yards off to the right on highway 50. I raced a 750 Honda there back in 1972 and ran 12.50s. Slow for today, but quite fast in those days. Somewhere in the attic I have a trophy from 1972 from there. I was just wondering. Thanks.
Don Saunders