GE energy smart

zman1

I have been a hold out on getting these. I don't like the florescent look for my home lighting. WOW, I was surprised on how incandescent looking they were in the fixtures.
I bought a 6 pack and changed the lights that I hate to change. I was looking for a longer lasting bulb + bonus + energy savings. I was so pleased, I went and got a few more boxes and changed every light to them except the globes and decorative ones. Got a couple 26W=100W for the utility room and storage, they were too blue, my wife made me take those out. Then I looked and they weren't the same, these were Daylight 6500K bulbs. If you haven't tried them yet, give a few bulbs a shot. Make sure you don't get the 6500K for home lamps anyway -LOL
They say" Last 5 years" or eight 1000 hour bulbs... If they last half that, they are worth it in those difficult to reach fixtures at a minimum.
GE watt=Incandecent watt
13W=60W
26W=100W
42W=150W
Anyone else like or dislike them?

phixer

I replaced every bulb in the house with these about a year ago and switched the electric dryer to a gas heated one. Our bill went down about $15 dollars per month.

T

tizzo

I've had them on my outdoor lights for 7 years now...still burning.
I don't go for all the global warming hoopla but if you do, those guys say that replacing 5 bulbs in every house in america would be equivelant to taking 5000 cars off the road as far as energy burning and all.
I love those bulbs though. They are starting to make them in dimmables too!

reefforbrains

I switched entire house to them. 26 bulbs in total. Biggest savings was swapping out the two large HPS to the PC outdoor units. I didnt really like them in the Kitchen, just seemed too dim so I swapped them for the next jump up from the 16w's and like them fine. Been about a year and no troubles

michaeltx

be careful with them some brands of them *the cheaper ones mainly* can be abit of a problem with overheating and possibly can cause I fire because they can get so hot you can touch them and have a scorched/burnt smell to them the more expensive ones dont have this problem though.
Mike

seasalt101

so what is the cost of the bulbs i have to budget carefully but at this time actually 2 nites ago i ran myself out of lightbulbs and i was 1 short so i am in the market for bulbs thanks tobin

michaeltx

around here they are around 8$ for 3 and can go up to about 15$ for 3-5 packs of them
The cheap ones that arent any good go for about 5$ for 3
Mike

seasalt101

thanks mike you helped again i just hate goin to the store unprepared i will get the good one's tend to believe you get what you pay for... tobin

J

jrthomas40

i like the efficency of the bulbs as well the only thing i dont like is the delay or flicker when you turn them on...but for the benefit i can deal with it

seasalt101

thanks again, by the way mike looked at your pictures real nice what kinda camera (sorry to get off topic) tobin