gearing up for Black Friday

teresaq

Any on else???
i usually only go to a couple of stores, but we go as a group so its a fun time.
T

meowzer

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather pay more then deal with a MOB...LOL
I get some really good deals online though...and never have to leave the house

S

siptang

I find better deals on Cyber Monday lol.
If there are GREAT deals, I ask my friends from the stores that I like it to hold it for me so that I can come after all the mob has passed.

gemmy

My way of gearing up for black Friday is going to work. I have to work a 6 day work week that week. Even pet stores have black Friday deals.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Cyber Monday is the way to go. The last time I went to Black Friday, I got into a shouting match with someone who took my parking spot I had been waiting for. LOL Just ain't worth dealing with all the people and utter rudeness.

teresaq

we usually only take one car - Have my hubby met me at the store when I am done to take home pruchases.
This yr I dont need any electronics, but the kids do need bikes since someone stole the two older kids a few weeks ago. They left mine and Ethans tiny one. I am hoping to pick up two 26 incers and a 24.
Those are the biggest things I need, just little stuff after that.
T

S

smartorl

We are stocking stores like mad for Black Friday. Have I told you lately how much I hate, hate, hate dealing with Walmart? Their employees are some of the most miserable people on earth.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The Walmart employees have mostly been pretty miserable, unhappy, and unhelpful with zero interest in customer service; however, in my area at least, it seem like that has improved considerably lately. I'm thinking enough complaints to Walmart have encouraged management to focus their attentions on better customer service with line staff.
Walmart has taken some hits too in this economy, and with their dropping so many name brands in favor of their crappy value brand.

S

smartorl

I occasionally deal directly with their stores, mostly it's their three largest distribution warehouses and one Sam's club in my area. In our tactical meeting this morning, "remind your driver's to be cautious and if anything overdocument because we have concerns that disgruntled employees may intentionally try to cause service failures AGAIN this year". For this particular customer, for every load not on time, this customer had to buy the load and Walmart gets to keep the contents so they are working overtime to make all these on time. Last year, Walmart people started refusing the loads, pushing the driver's out, and then claiming they were late. Crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/388975/gearing-up-for-black-friday#post_3434017
The Walmart employees have mostly been pretty miserable, unhappy, and unhelpful with zero interest in customer service; however, in my area at least, it seem like that has improved considerably lately. I'm thinking enough complaints to Walmart have encouraged management to focus their attentions on better customer service with line staff.
Walmart has taken some hits too in this economy, and with their dropping so many name brands in favor of their crappy value brand.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///t/388975/gearing-up-for-black-friday#post_3434012
we usually only take one car - Have my hubby met me at the store when I am done to take home pruchases.
This yr I dont need any electronics, but the kids do need bikes since someone stole the two older kids a few weeks ago. They left mine and Ethans tiny one. I am hoping to pick up two 26 incers and a 24.
Those are the biggest things I need, just little stuff after that.
T
You make it sound like being ripped off is a normal thing....You need a big dog like Atticus, the local racoons won't even bother my garbage cans...nothing comes on my property, except a couple of really fast but stupid/brave squirrels....I have a male puppy left...in 6 months you would be burglar proof.

cubnb79

ew normally i'd stay home away from the crazies and laugh at them that make the evening news but this year im guessing ill be working against all of them with cuffs lol

snakeblitz33

In the past, I was one of those holiday workers for black Friday at department stores and such. I never enjoyed it. Customers were always so directly in your face rude, arrogant, argumentative and annoying that time of year. Not to mention their snot nosed bratty spoiled rotten kids that get everything they every wanted, tear up the store, throw up everywhere and destroy everything they touch. So, yeah, I can see where most customer service workers living paycheck to paycheck are just so full of joy and happiness to help customers out this time of year.
Just remember, Empires were not built by kings, but on the backs of slaves.
I can also see the flip side as well, because I've been on both sides of the fence. That's sad, though, Smartorl, about what they were doing to those customers. That's got to suck. I hope it all works out this year.

teresaq

lol, We have a germain shepard, a doberman and a jack russell.
Beleive me this is the first time in the 5 yrs we have lived here that anything has been touched. The kids had thier bikes in the garage, but had ridden them the night before and forgot to put them back. They where parked right in front of our cars, next to the garage door.
I only have a few houses around me - Have no clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/388975/gearing-up-for-black-friday#post_3434121
You make it sound like being ripped off is a normal thing....You need a big dog like Atticus, the local racoons won't even bother my garbage cans...nothing comes on my property, except a couple of really fast but stupid/brave squirrels....I have a male puppy left...in 6 months you would be burglar proof.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///t/388975/gearing-up-for-black-friday#post_3434185
lol, We have a germain shepard, a doberman and a jack russell.
Beleive me this is the first time in the 5 yrs we have lived here that anything has been touched. The kids had thier bikes in the garage, but had ridden them the night before and forgot to put them back. They where parked right in front of our cars, next to the garage door.
I only have a few houses around me - Have no clue.
I assume the dogs barked and were told to shut up...When I was a teenager our Shepherd who never barks cut a shine one night...everyone told him to shut up and go lay down, our minibikes were missing the next day from our attached garage...all we had to do was open the door in the house to the garage....I learned a lesson.
A radio wave fence, so your dogs can patrol. Next time the dogs bark...release them, keeping the dogs in the house while a possible intruder just walks on the property makes no sense.
When my dogs bark, I turn on the outside lights and look outside (from inside the door) and even if I don't see anything...I open the door and let them go find what they thought they heard. I leave stuff out in front of the garage all the time....it's always there in the morning.

teresaq

We have too many wild animals and canals around to just turn them loose. and yes they bark a lot.

reefraff

If you are in the market for bikes you might consider hitting pawn shops if you don't mind giving a used Christmas present. Not sure about the state of things down there but I know someone who picked up a Mountain bike here for 80 bux that was in great shape. He did some research when he got home and retail on a new one would have been almost 900 bux! He went back and bought a second one for for 130 that retails over a grand. That is crazy.

gemmy

For those of you with kids/grandkids, I found out recently that Toys 'R Us will INCREASE the price of "hot" toys in the weeks leading up to Christmas. They do this to capitalize on the money they can make. They figure that people will pay the extra cash to ensure their kid has the hot item.