get in your home dont u wanna go home ???????

crashedin0

ok im tired of this how can i convence my tomateo clown to get in the anemone
someone told me at the pet shop (not a worker)
to rub him with the anemone (as in pick it up and rub the with it)
i am scared the anemone will get stressed any other tips

hot883

Not all clowns will host. if it was tank raised it MAY NEVER HOST. My two Oscelleris' don't

crashedin0

a week or so he just swims around lost and such
he was not hosting at the pet shop got him the day after the shipment came in

T

thomas712

It can take quite some time if ever it happens. I'd like to know what condition your sebea is in.
Coloration, tentacles, general apperance.
Can you post a pic of it?
Thomas

beth

Administrator
Staff member
And do you have lighting for a sabea? And are they both in your 10 gal tank?

crashedin0

Originally Posted by Thomas712
It can take quite some time if ever it happens. I'd like to know what condition your sebea is in.
Coloration, tentacles, general apperance.
Can you post a pic of it?
Thomas
well the anemone has done awsome he is open most of the time
his tenticales are always about 98 percent inflated never seen all of them really fat
coloration white still i kind want him to get the color back in him (bought him from this site
came white already) but his tips are very brite colered purple
general aperance very nice in my eyes and thoose are what matter

from about a week after i got him BTW the rock has a hole that he was in so he looks flat in the pic

E

exile415

that looks like a sebae anemone. He doesn't look to happy right now ..

E

exile415

He should be spread and not all bunched up together. I had one for about a month, It kept moving it around, I gave it to my cousin.

T

thomas712

72 watts of PC lighting will not be enough to keep most anemones alive let alone a touchy anemone like a sebea, you will need halides to make him have the turn around that you expect.
What size tank is this?
Thomas
PS.. I hope you don't mind, I had to resize that pic of yours, it was just to large.

crashedin0

dont mind at all
but when they dont get light they just bleach
i feed him every 2 -4 days 1/3 of a sliver side so he is eatin enough as long as i have good water and food he should not die
and he is bunch up because he is in the hole he fell through tha hole lik a week after and ended up on the back of my rock work (which i redid when i got more coral )
ill get a new pic asap
and as said above 10 gal

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by crashedin0
but when they dont get light they just bleach
i feed him every 2 -4 days 1/3 of a sliver side so he is eatin enough as long as i have good water and food he should not die.
and as said above 10 gal
Sorry I didn't see the 10 gallon part. I would personally never try to keep an anemone in a 10 gallon tank.
As to feeding, and thinking that it can replace light.....NO WAY. Read this:
With regards to the feeding debate. I'm one that believes that way to many people over feed anemones, or they think that feeding will replace the lighting issue if the lighting doesn't measure up, you would be suprised how many think that way. To many folks just don't understand that its the zooxanthellae that lives in the anemone that needs this light.
Zooxanthellae are a very special type of marine plant. The zooxanthellae are single celled algae which live inside the translucent fleshy tissue of many marine animals including types of giant clams, nudibranchs and even jellyfish, however they play their most important role when living within coral polyps an anemones. Like all other plants zooxanthellae need sunlight in order to photosynthesise and grow. Photosynthesis produces sugars essential for the plants to grow, however with the zooxanthellae enough sugar is produced to allow some to be shared with their hosts. In return the host will assist the growth of the zooxanthellae by passing on some of its dissolved organic waste. The host animal cannot usually survive if the zooxanthellae are not present.
The host animals do not have any zooxanthellae in their larval forms and therefore must acquire them from the water column. The juvenile host filters the zooxanthellae from the seawater along with its food and once in the stomach of the host the zooxanthellae is passed into the surface flesh.
In all honesty I don't hold out much hope for your anemone.
Prove me wrong and I won't feel bad at all.
Thomas

shista

i accualy know really good way to make a clownfish to host an anemonie my friends clown wouldent host his anemonie for 3 years after we did this he hosted in 3 days. just get a bunch of pictures of clownfish hosting anemonies and he will host it! put it in the back of your aquarium

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Please find an appropriate home for that anemone. It is starving to death. You can not maintain that animal.