Gettin' back in to it!!!

bschaible

So after having graduated from Texas A&M, settling down in Houston, starting a new job, and having had sold my 75 gal tank last fall....I'm missing it.
I had originally bought it from a fellow member and am looking at getting another. I'm not quite sure I want a 75 again, but I want enough size to keep certain fish in. As for right now I'm thinking the stock list will be limited to a pair of clowns and a blue hippo (with other smaller fish i.e. blennies or gobies throughout). Additinally, I plan on making it a reef.
If anyone has any suggestions on size, brand, type of tank I should be looking at, I would greatly appreciate your input!!!
Thanks so much in advance! I'm very excited to be getting back into the hobby after my short layoff.
-Bobby

bschaible

even one on the smaller side? my lfs sells them at about 1-2 inches in length...???
any specific brand or type you suggest?
thanks!
-Bobby

clownfish11

nono it doesnt matter how small when you buy it..its gonna grow and fast...if you want one its gonna cost you and you must have a 200gallon or a tad below...
just check out some tanks in classified and at LFS

solarris

I'm kind of confused. I'm planning on starting a reef tank before too long (hopefully) and have been doing a lot of research in books and on the web. I noticed that saltwaterfish.com states that the minimum size tank for a blue hipo tang is 40 gallons. Is that just for the size it is when you buy it before it grows? I figured I would go ahead and double check when I saw this thread since that is one of the fish I was thinking about getting once I get everything up and running.

whyamisofl

It is suggested that you don't keep a tang in anything smaller than a 75g.
I personally wouldn't put a tang in anything smaller than a 125g.

clownfish11

blue tangs are a tang taht needs A TON of space..if you want to do it right and make the fish happy 200gallon and I'd say 150min IMO