Getting 29G Biocube-Some Questions for the Pros

fishermon

I am picking up a 29g Biocube today from my LFS.
I did get the skimmer.
I plan on ordering Koralia nanos.
I thought about getting 2. Is 1 enough, or will I be better off with 2?
How many lbs. of LS should I go with?
How many lbs of LR?
What about heating? Is a heater needed or will it keep a good temp? If needed where would you put a heater?

fuz_munky

i have 1 koralia nano and i'm doing fine but i recomend two
get about 30# or lr
im not sure about sand though
you can put the heater in the first chamber of the filter, and if it doesn't fit because of the skimmer than put it in the third chamber

austin

in my 29 i have 1 korilla 2. it works fine my corals were always open before i moved them.
and in my cube i keep my heater in the third chamber and i dont have any problems with it
as for lr i have 30 lbs in my 29 and its fine...
and ls i have 20 lbs but now i wish i would have added more...

fuz_munky

my heater is a "hydor" 100 watt heater
any 100w heater should do you fine. mines 5-6 inches long an fits perfect ly in the first or third chamber

fuz_munky

no, i most definatley will this summer though (when i get a job hehehe)
mines been running for a year now on no mods, so you dont NEED to.

K

kat74

In my 29g Biocube, I am using two Koralia 1 powerheads. Perfect flow for my corals. I also use the visi-therm stealth 100w heater and put that, along with the Oceanic Biocube skimmer in chamber 1.

fishermon

My LFS said it would be next week b4 my tank comes in
I'm getting 2 Koralias.
Opinions-Should I get 2 Koralia Nanos or 2 Koralia 1's?
BTW Kat I love your tank & your diary inspired me to get the Biocube.
If mine could look half as good as yours I will be very happy.

jeepnmike

i have 1 Koralia 1 in my tank and it moves the water pretty good. kat has 2 Koralia 1's in her tank and it looks great and i mean great. take a look at some of her pics she has posted and you will see what i mean.
i guess part of it would depend on what all you are going to put in the tank to determine how much water flow you want.
i have 35lbs of sand and 25 lbs of lr.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by FISHERMON
http:///forum/post/2527859
My LFS said it would be next week b4 my tank comes in
I'm getting 2 Koralias.
Opinions-Should I get 2 Koralia Nanos or 2 Koralia 1's?
BTW Kat I love your tank & your diary inspired me to get the Biocube.
If mine could look half as good as yours I will be very happy.
What do you plan to keep? I have an all softie/some LPS tank and I tried with 1 Koralia 1 and 1 Koralia Nano and the Koralia Nano didn't give me much flow, so I went with the additional Koralia 1 and it's perfect. Everything seems happy so far.

and thank you so much for the compliment. That means a lot to me and feels so good to hear that. DeMartini is the one who inspired me, so I thank her!

Everyone's tank is different and I am sure that yours will be just as good, if not better than mine! I'm looking forward to your progress when yours comes in!

Originally Posted by jeepnmike

http:///forum/post/2527859
i have 1 Koralia 1 in my tank and it moves the water pretty good. kat has 2 Koralia 1's in her tank and it looks great and i mean great. take a look at some of her pics she has posted and you will see what i mean..
Thanks so much for the compliment!~

fishermon

Thanks for the advice. I'll go ahead & order 2 Koralia 1's.
I plan on keeping softies-zoo's & shrooms (love rics).
I'm still unsure on my fish list. I definately want a sand sifting goby (I think they are cool). The nked clowns you have are awesome! I wish I could find a couple of those. My wife is wanting seahorses, but that's not gonna happen. From what I read they won't compete with fish for food & need a tank of their own.
I can't wait to get it up & going.
Your welcome for the comments. They are well deserved. Your tank is very nice.
I noticed your tank is at work.
Do you have a tank at home?

K

kat74

Originally Posted by FISHERMON
http:///forum/post/2528675
Thanks for the advice. I'll go ahead & order 2 Koralia 1's.
I plan on keeping softies-zoo's & shrooms (love rics).
I'm still unsure on my fish list. I definately want a sand sifting goby (I think they are cool). The nked clowns you have are awesome! I wish I could find a couple of those. My wife is wanting seahorses, but that's not gonna happen. From what I read they won't compete with fish for food & need a tank of their own.
I can't wait to get it up & going.
Your welcome for the comments. They are well deserved. Your tank is very nice.
I noticed you have at work.
Do you have a tank at home?
I would love to have seahorses too, but like you said, they won't compete with fish for food and they definately wouldn't like all the flow I have!

My 29 is in my office here at work. I don't have a tank at home right now, but I have a 14 gallon Biocube on hold for me at home that I am planning to set up within the next couple of weeks. I will move my n-a-k-e-d clowns to that tank and plan to order a pair of Picasso clowns from here for my 29. If you want a pair of n-a-k-e-d clowns, you can contact ORA and ask them for a list of LFS's in your area that has a contract with them and they can order a pair for you. That's what I ended up doing.
Again, can't wait for your tank progression thread!