Getting a job

fishman830

well my mom .. since i have nothign to ever do.. no clubs or anythign good at my school, my mom is gonna get me a job at a resteraunt bussing tables.. i dont think its the prettiest job but hey! income!

aarone

Hey man, there is nothing wrong with bussing tables. I have been doing it for 2 years almost. I also do other things at the restaraunt but everyone needs a clean table. Just dont take any tips "on accident"
aaron

fishman830

lol then how do you know if you can take it? my brothers f irst job was bussing tables.. no good storys there

fishman830

my dad also tells me the pay isnt great, 3.50 an hour.. and its not min wage because of tips.. please tell me he's wrong.. but then again.. its 3.50 more an hour than im getting now

mudpup3090

if you go to a nice place like a 5 star you will make 3.50 plus tips and that wont suck you can make gooood money that way but if you go to a fridays or something like that you will make arond 5.50 to 7.00an hour good luck

aarone

I make 5.75 at my restraunt plus tip share. i get off pretty well. most places around here only pay their bus boys 2.13 plus the tip share.
so i guess 3.50 is better than nothin. i also wash dishes and expo from time to time. If there is a cook sick or somethin i can fill in his spot for like 9 bucks. just stick with it and get in good with the managers. Then you can not only bus tables...but wash dishes as well! lol
aaron

Best advise to a busser from a former server:
Pre-bus (you'll learn what that means) my tables, and clear them quickly, don't steal my tips, and you will be well compensated at the end of the shift. If not, then don't bus that servers tables anymore . . . .

overanalyzer

Hey I was a dishwasher - paid to stand around and be alone with my thoughts .... and a pile of dirty dishes!!
Did not have to wear nice clothes - and on weekends we got Beers and drinks free!!

aarone

Pre-bus (you'll learn what that means) my tables, and clear them quickly, don't steal my tips, and you will be well compensated at the end of the shift. If not, then don't bus that servers tables anymore . . . .
In my reestaraunt if you tell me to pre bus im gonna tell ya to go somewhere. lol That is why it is called PRE-BUS!
It does make it easier. If i have nothing to do i will find my self picking up plates.
OA,
I hear ya on that one. I get to jam the music back in the kitchen and pretty much work at my own pace. i love it. It is really easy and i have gotten use to having nasty hands so i do some pretty odd things to gross the waitresses out.
aaron

D

daniel411

If you're not so concerned with earning money, just grab the funnest job you can. Restuarant work can be a blast and good money, I probally averaged 350 a week(take home) while in high school working in a pizzeria. Basically just played pool, listened to music, hung out with friends, and drank.

kevinf

While in high school and some college. I bussed tables. I made between $80 and $100 a night and over half was in cash. Very upscale place. Lots of fun. Met Pete Rose, George Steinbrener, Burt Renoylds and a slew of others. Pick the right place and you can make some decent money.

fishman830

well.. there is this REALLY upscale place in town.. its a 5 star i th ink.. can't get in unless your dressed up and all..

mudpup3090

go there and if thay dont hire you go to the next best thing till you get a little experence then go back:happy: :happy:

aarone

yeah...get dressed up in nice clothes, and pretend to be all sophisticated...because that is how you want to act when cleaning food off of tables ;) :D :rolleyes:
aaron

aarone

yup! I work in a barbeque restaraunt and one of our regulars came in. I happened to be in the front and i held the door for him. I got 5 bucks! now that is in my bbq restaraunt...imagine what would happen if rich people came in there!
aaron