Getting a new dog

mike22cha

Found out yesterday I'm getting an early Christmas present, a little puppy.
Saw a pic last night and saw the litter we're chosing from today.
We're getting a Western Highland Terrier. Picked out a small white ball of fur today and we're picking it up tomorrow at 7. I'm soo excited, I've been wanting a dog at my mom's for a while.
Also, we can't think of a name. It's a girl, and it's white(if color helps any).
My mom threw down most of my suggestions:
Snowflake
White Fang
Tequilla
Margirta(she didn't think that'd go good with my grandparents LOL)
Don't want too girly of a name, but it has to be girlish if that makes sense.

mike22cha

Ya it's not what I think though. My mom is the picky one. Otherwise I would call it Tequilla or Margirta. She likes Sissy, but I don't want a whimp dog.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by Jmick
haha, white fang for a 15lb dog just doesn't jive...
How about Nipsy or Daisy??
I know that was the beauty of the name :D.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Ya it's not what I think though. My mom is the picky one. Otherwise I would call it Tequilla or Margirta. She likes Sissy, but I don't want a whimp dog.
Umm, hate to tell you this, but that already is a wimp dog!!!

mike22cha

Originally Posted by DragonZim
Umm, hate to tell you this, but that already is a wimp dog!!!

Ya, but I don't want a girly name like Sissy. I know it is going to be a sissy, but that doesn't mean we have to name it like one.
I need some good suggestions here. Less than 9 hours till we pick it up!

kjr_trig

Westy's are great dogs, my folks have a Carron (basically the same dog only tan in color). A bit obstinant at times, but very loyal and smart.
Name her "Porkchop"
...or "Snowball" if you want to go with the "white" theme.

mike22cha

Oh so we're picking on me because we don't have room for a big dog? It's not my decision of getting that small of a dog, if I had the room and money I'd be an English Bulldog. But it's my mom so ya.
Abby is nice. But I found the problem with naming dogs names that humans have, is that you'll met someone with the same name. I have a long story about that, but anyways.

mike22cha

Ok got the cute lil sucker and named it Lexus (saw a car in front of me:D)
aka Lexy.
I don't have a camera at my mom's but I'll get some in a week min.
My best friend's family decided to get a puppy at the spur of the moment this afternoon too. They look similar, but they are different types of dogs. Same age too.

kerriann

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Oh so we're picking on me because we don't have room for a big dog? It's not my decision of getting that small of a dog, if I had the room and money I'd be an English Bulldog. But it's my mom so ya.
Abby is nice. But I found the problem with naming dogs names that humans have, is that you'll met someone with the same name. I have a long story about that, but anyways.
ha, i can respect that...my cousin named her golden dakota and one of my friends endin up namin their son dakota...kind of weird!!! lexus is super cute tho! i tend to go for the really goofy names for my pets cuz i don't run into them often - ie, my clowns are bruno and gunther, etc etc

mike22cha

Originally Posted by KerriAnn
ha, i can respect that...my cousin named her golden dakota and one of my friends endin up namin their son dakota...kind of weird!!! lexus is super cute tho! i tend to go for the really goofy names for my pets cuz i don't run into them often - ie, my clowns are bruno and gunther, etc etc
It's worse when you name a dog something, then a girl comes to your school the next year.
But thanks everyone. Very happy with my lil puppy.