Getting first clam in a week!!!

nacl freak

You go girl! There's tons of info on this site. I appreciate your husbands service. I know how hard it is to keep the home fires burning and the kids in line while he is gone.

nw2salt08

Not to mention the confusion of the fish tank. lol I'm trying... I think the kids are easier to figure out than some of the technical stuff on the tank. lol But I'm tough and determined. You have to be when you're an Army wife. Have to be able to stand on your own two feet and not be afraid to speak up.

nw2salt08

Ok, so I'm not getting a clam any time soon but I have started getting parts and stuff for my 55 gal tank. We've come to the lighting...I was told that 2/250w mh light would be good for my tank. Any suggestions as to if this would be a good lighting system for a clam and my tank?? Thanks

dplantz

Metal halides are the best light affordable, and 250w are great, not too much heat. Make sure that you maintain the correct alkalinity, magnesium, calcium. Also make sure you light acclimate your clam, puting some netting over the clams area or in the sand bed, to let the clam adjust to the lights, as they are very finiky.

nw2salt08

That's one thing I know for sure I can do. I'm very good at keeping water spot on. I used to be a water analyst. My water in the 29 gal I have is absolutely perfect. My lfs says I don't even really need to bring it in anymore.