Getting ready to start reef

bryan hurs

Just got an aquapod 12 and was going to set up a mini reef for the first time in the next 6 months but was wondering if I should save it for a seahorse stable and set up my 29 gal as a reef. I currently only have a damsel in the tank and I have the daylight bulb, one strip fixture, with a magnum 220 canister filter. How much live rock and sand should I put in each tank and as a beginner reefer which tank would be better to start in? My last pair of seahorses lasted 5yrs. and were sustained on frozen brine shrimp and reproduced a few times but I never had success in raising the fry, just to show my experience. I have dealt with saltwater about 17 years now, since my early high school years. Please help! I am also looking to buy a house this year so should I wait until I move to do it?

garrett042

yea you should wait until you move so there wont be any problems in moving your tank to the other house...good luck with your reef tank

pclown

Originally Posted by garrett042
yea you should wait until you move so there wont be any problems in moving your tank to the other house...good luck with your reef tank
I agree