Getting to know your fellow hobbyist

leopard_babe

Well, I know there are rules on this site. However, I talk to some of you guys everday, I know what your tanks look like, I trust your opinion. I thought... lets do a getting to know eachother a little better, without breaking any rules.
In a clean and friendly manner. Hobby, family, pet peeves, random facts. Just getting to know the people that you sit down with on your computer and are your friends without actually ever meeting them.
My real name is Sarah. I am a nurse in an ER. I work 3 days a week, and am not near a computer. Then I come home and can't get away from my computer or this website. I have a little boy and he is the love of my life. I have a cat Grace she is just trouble. My fish tank is my stress reliever when things are tough. Scraping the glass clean, and watching my fish swim around makes me forget about all of lives turns and challenges.

keebler

My name is Keebler, err Cameron. Sometimes I forget my real name. I am teen that strives to be the perfect child and sometimes needs things to divert his attention away from bad things. I am drug free, which I take a lot of pride in. I have been offered drugs a few times in my life but have never and don't plan to give in. I started freshwater a long time ago and I have been into saltwater for about 6 months (still pretty new). I am proud of my current knowledge in the subject, even though I have a lot to learn. I am a boyscout which is a lot cooler than people give credit. Who else can camp in -30 degree weather and start a fire by friction? I get pretty excellent grades and my main thing right now is trying to find myself. That is probably tmi, but whatever. There is a pic of me here if you wanna see what I look like. https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...204221&page=18

jeanheckle

Real name is Dori, honest,. I turn 50 this year. Have 2 grown sons, youngest works in the ER, oldest is in computer forensics. Just celebrated my 29th wedding anniversary. I'm the office manager of a Dental office where I have worked for 17 years. I have 3 mastiffs and 1 kitty.

keebler

Originally Posted by jeanheckle
http:///forum/post/2771712
Real name is Dori, honest,. I turn 50 this year. Have 2 grown sons, youngest works in the ER, oldest is in computer forensics. Just celebrated my 29th wedding anniversary. I'm the office manager of a Dental office where I have worked for 17 years. I have 3 mastiffs and 1 kitty.
3 MASTIFFS! That's awesome. That's a lot of dog.

jmick

Love big dogs! Growing up we always had mastiffs and Irish Wolfhounds around the house!

nofish

i am JR. i have a mutt his name is Max. I am a mechanic for a supermarket. Fun fact... i am 31 however i look like a 15 or 16 old..SEE..

gliderjohn

My real name is John. I'm married to Jeanheckle. I'm 54. The combined weight of our mastiffs is 555 lbs. I was born and raised in Southern California but have lived near Philadelphia for the last 16 years. I miss the High Sierras. I'm not a city boy. Spent my 20's fighting forest fires in CA, backpacking, scuba diving, mountain biking and doing other crazy things with my friends, like tent camping Yosemite National Park in 18 inches of snow. (Oh, the memories...). Then settled down and got regular jobs to raise my family.
City life is boring to me. I've scuba dived with sharks. I'm planning a trip next March to snorkel with humpback whales off the Dominican Republic. (I need some excitement occasionally since I left the forest service. One tends to become an adrenaline junky after that experience.)
There is a picture of me and Jeanheckle (Dori) on the same link that Keebler gave in his post. There is a picture of me with the sharks on my public profile, if you'd like to see it.

nordy

One of the things I like about boards like SWF.com and another one I am on is the anonymous nature of them that allows us to talk about a lot of things, including ourselves occaisonally, letting our guards down and sharing a lot of things without having to meet people face to face!
Still, I like posting here and feel like part of some type of an extended family sometimes, remembering details about fellow members from their previous posts, and getting to know folks in more detail!
Me, I am a 56 YO dog person and have the prettiest dog in the world, as shown in my avatar! Her name is Goldie and I rescued her from a shelter almost 2 years ago. Goldie loves her Daddy! I manage a condo in Washington DC and just love coming home, turning on the computer, and seeing what my fellow hobbyists are up to. A relaxing way to forget about all the stresses of work! Love mountain biking and the outdoors.
Sarah, saw the pic of your son in the other thread-he's a cutie! But, you knwe that already I'm sure!
Jean, saw the pic of you and your hubby dancing-nice!
John

coral keeper

My name is Moses, I'm 15 and I love fish, and wild life. Here is a link if anyone wants to see what I look like. https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/204221/putting-faces-to-the-names/320

peachie98

My real name is Kristen.
I'm 33, and manage a show horse farm (been working with horses and animals forever). I grew up in the Chicago suburbs but moved to Florida 10 years ago for my job. I have: 2 cats, 1 dog, fish, 1 cockatiel, 2 turtles, and a horse.
Besides horses and animals, I really like american muscle cars. My life is pretty fun...I'm doing what I love and get to live in South Florida! Oh yeah...I'm also going "back" to school online through FIU's business program to get my bachelors in business (my agriculture degree can only get me so far! haha).

dragonzim

My real name is Gary. I am 34 years old and am the ITFacilities Manager for a mid sized manufacturing company. Been married since last April and my wife and I adopted out puppy Riley as a 1st anniversary gift for each other. His pic is in my avatar. I've been working in computers for about 12 years now and I completely sick of it so I am taking classes to become a state licensed Home Inspector. I am about halfway done with the classwork, then I have 40 hours worth of fieldwork to do and I'll be able to take the state licensing test. Looking forward to starting my own business and not spending 8 hours a day behind a desk.
This is my wife Jenn and I at the Grand Canyon last month

gliderjohn

Originally Posted by peachie98
http:///forum/post/2772006
My real name is Kristen.
I'm 33, and manage a show horse farm (been working with horses and animals forever). I grew up in the Chicago suburbs but moved to Florida 10 years ago for my job. I have: 2 cats, 1 dog, fish, 1 cockatiel, 2 turtles, and a horse.
Besides horses and animals, I really like american muscle cars. My life is pretty fun...I'm doing what I love and get to live in South Florida! Oh yeah...I'm also going "back" to school online through FIU's business program to get my bachelors in business (my agriculture degree can only get me so far! haha).
Kristen, just wait till Jeanheckle see's your post! She LOVE'S horses. A patient at the dental practice owns one of the largest gated horse farms in the area. Before we got the tank going, she spent a lot of time last year volunteering at the farm just to be close to the horses (she didn't mind even mucking the stalls). It was her happy place.
Due to health problems, she hasn't been able to get out there at all this year. But now the tank has become her happy place (like so many of the rest of us!)

blazehok68

hi all! my name is joe im 28, and i live in jersey about 15 minutes north of atlantic city. ive been married for a little over a year and my wife is my best friend. i am the sales manager for a local auto shop and tire center which ive been doing for about 5 years. its cool, but sometimes cars just drive me crazy. employees suck too. i can deal with customers all day long, but every mechanic in the world is worse than a bunch of crying little girls(no offense to anyone).
i have two main hobbies. its kinda funny cause one of them is being obsessed with my reef tank and preserving my fish and corals lives. and the other is going fishing. where basically i am hurting fish and sometimes killing them to eat them. weird.
we have a cat, her name is trina (my wife named her, she is a dance teacher) and as soon as we get a house, i am getting a dog. even before we buy furniture or appliances, i am getting a dog. i would love to get a great dane or a mastiff, but my wife says they are too big. i say they are gentle giants, but she doesnt listen. so next best thing is a lab i guess. still big but not too big.
at this point in my life i dont know what i want to do with the rest of my life, but right now i am comfortable, or is it lazy? who knows. time will tell.